Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How often do you eat out?

• 16-08-2012 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

I'd love to eat out every day if i had the benjamins but its an expensive game that. How often do you eat out and where would ye be eating?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

As in going to a restaurant or ordering a take away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Dean09 wrote: »

.. or something else :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Either way it's hardly ever for me, I eat to fill myself, I'm not a foody tbh. Once I'm full I'm happy

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

About 5 out of 7 days per week. I'm a divil for food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just after a kebab my self

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I'd say once every 2 weeks or so. Nice to eat out and catch up with whoever it is in a different atmosphere to where you'd normally see them.

Have to say I quite enjoy a nice dinner and a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

When ever she wants me to ... ;)

I'd usually get a take-away one day at the weekend.
    I might go out to a restaurant once a month. I used to eat take-aways 3 or 4 times a week up until a few years ago when I realised how shít bad food makes me feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Whenever someone sits on my face.

• Advertisement

Whenever someone sits on my face.

If you nibble on someone's toe you may be able to say you eat gout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

If I'd money I'd go to restaurants a lot more often. So much nice food out there just waiting to be eaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭jluv

About once a month usually around payday. Don't go out every weekend so when I do I love nothing better than a good meal in a nice resteraunt. Seated at 7.30 and leave about 11 after starter,main,dessert,wine and after dinner drinks.Good company,good food,good times..

kfallon wrote: »

That is the sexiest thing anyone has said to me today.

I'll get your coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I eat out all the time, I take a samwidge out to the back garden and stare in my neighbours window while I eat it.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I eat out all the time, I take a samwidge out to the back garden and stare in my neighbours window while I eat it.

That made me seriously lol with the most amazing mental picture.

I'll get your coat.

Has he pulled?

Genuinely spilled my cup of tea laughing at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Not very often, unfortunately. Trying to be careful with the money at the mo, got a big party coming up and then Christmas.
    Had to postpone this year's holiday too :o
    If we have spare cash we would have a carvery meal at the pub or maybe the local Indian and we do enjoy it, but we're also happy with a few drinks in the pub and a bag of chips on the way home.

• Advertisement

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Has he pulled?

Yeah. We're going to eat out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

A few times a week in the city centre. Indian, Mexican, Sushi, Greek, Thai... Anything and everything as long as it's interesting & tasty.

That is the sexiest thing anyone has said to me today.

I think you mean 'ever' ;)

I'll get your coat.

Get your mitts off my coat ya bollix :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Every time I have a cup of coffee I nip over the hedge to get milk from next door's cow's teat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Chipper once a week.

Get your mitts off my coat ya bollix :mad:

I already dipped the pockets. There's fúck all in there. :(

Edit: 4000 posts! WOOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Chipper once a week.

That's not eating out.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Chipper once a week.

That's not eating out.

He stands outside the chipper and eats it!!

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »
    That's not eating out.

It's eating in if anything!!!

Unless he's one of those people who eat the chips on the walk home then I'm not sure if it's in, out or he's just shaken it all about!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I eat out quite a bit (lunch every day, brekkie on the weekend, and prob 2 or 3 evenings a week), mostly because I am too lazy to deal with supermarket craziness or cook. Plus there is feck all difference between buying the ingredients and cooking it yourself and eating out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

I'd love to eat out every day if i had the benjamins but its an expensive game that.

I actually wouldn't, the food in restaurants is always more rich than home-cooked, and it would get a bit much quickly. Plus, money aside, eating out all the time would make one pretty fat, with the portion sizes in Ireland. Different strokes though, I guess.
    How often do you eat out and where would ye be eating?

Once or twice a month. The type of place changes all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Once a week with work mates costing a tenner. Maybe bring herself out once a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

jester77 wrote: »
    Plus there is feck all difference between buying the ingredients and cooking it yourself and eating out.

Agree with this, I think it's cheaper to eat out if there's only one or two people when you consider the time spent shopping, cooking, washing up, etc and the cost of the ingredients and light/gas. Also a of food is thrown out/wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Maybe once a month or less. I like to eat out but it is expensive. I get a take away once a week though, I really don't enjoy cooking so it is nice to have a night off from it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Last time i ate out was 2 weeks ago with the co-workers. It is fairly expensive. Preparing home-cooked meals with friends achieves the same result. My flatmate and I eat the leftovers throughout the days after so nothing is wasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

2/3 times per week.

Most Saturdays/Sundays, and usually one other time midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Quorum wrote: »
    I actually wouldn't, the food in restaurants is always more rich than home-cooked, and it would get a bit much quickly. Plus, money aside, eating out all the time would make one pretty fat, with the portion sizes in Ireland. Different strokes though, I guess.

Once or twice a month. The type of place changes all the time.

Eating out portions are too big? Without over-exaggerating, my homemade portions are about three times the size of anything I've seen on an eating out plate! You should see my fry ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

wyndham wrote: »
    Agree with this, I think it's cheaper to eat out if there's only one or two people when you consider the time spent shopping, cooking, washing up, etc and the cost of the ingredients and light/gas. Also a of food is thrown out/wasted.

That's exactly how it is for me. I can get a really nice pasta and a beer for less than €10 at my local Italian. It would cost me about €6 to buy the equivalent in raw ingredients, maybe a little less if I put the time and effort into making my own sauce. Plus a lot of the raw ingredients get thrown out after a while as supermarkets don't sell 1 dish portions.

So when you look at it, is it worth €4 to go to the supermarket, come home and cook it, and then clean up. Plus the fact that my homemade pasta tastes no where near as good as that in the Italian! To me, it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'd get a takeaway once a week most weeks, either a curry or a pizza. Would also get a kebab / burger after a feed of pints on a Friday night.

I can quite happily spend a weekend eating breakfast lunch and dinner out if I'm down in Galway though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I'd love to eat out every day if i had the benjamins but its an expensive game that. How often do you eat out and where would ye be eating?

We would usually go out once a week, for an Indian mostly, but sometimes Chinese.
    As we're both vegetarian, these tend to be the only places providing a choice of foods.

I don't think we'd eat out more if we had more money, as I enjoy cooking very much, and as stated above, there aren't all that many places with more than 1 option for us on the menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Plus a lot of the raw ingredients get thrown out after a while as supermarkets don't sell 1 dish portions.
    This is what annoys me the most. Supervalu aren't too bad, yesterday I got a single portion of Thai style tiger prawns but stuff like that seems few and far between, once you find something you like in Supervalu they never stock it again. They do Angus steaks though and I've been eating them a lot but it's not good to be eating so much red meat.

I've tried the ol' cook up a load of it and stick it in the freezer but I get bored easily and never eat the rest of it and it gets thrown out. I rarely make it through a pack of anything before it goes off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

I eat out quite a bit (lunch every day, brekkie on the weekend, and prob 2 or 3 evenings a week), mostly because I am too lazy to deal with supermarket craziness or cook. Plus there is feck all difference between buying the ingredients and cooking it yourself and eating out.
    wyndham wrote: »

All the more reason to cook yourself, IMO, much cheaper even factoring in electricity/gas. Plus, food out is way richer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ohnelly

I made the mistake of drinking a mouthful of tea when reading that....
    It came out my nose - it hurt a bit:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

not as often as she'd like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

3 to 4 times a week. Never take away though, cause I mainly do it to meet fronds out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

All the time, I am lucky, I am homeless.

Not that often, I don't enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Once every 2-3 months we would head out for dinner.. I have extra wages coming my way this month so hopefully we should be able to afford it, I'm dying to head out to Milanos!!

A takeaway maybe twice a month.. Our local Chinese is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

Sometimes i'd eat from inside out, but it really depends what type of mood is around at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I would only have dinner out maybe twice a year.

I have lunch (sandwich/soup etc) out once or twice a week.

I have take-away about once a year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement