Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best build for a 1000 euro gaming pc?

Options
  • 16-08-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hey guys wud u plz put together a parts list for a 1000 euro gaming pc from aby website which u have had past experience with here is some info

1.Budget:1000

2.Main purpose of pc: gaming

3.Do i need copy of windows:no

4.Do i need monitor:no

5.if now what is current resulution and wud u upgrade: 1920x1080 yes

6.Do i need mouse keyboard ect:no

7.Are you willing to overclock:maybe

8.payment:laser/credit card

9.when purchasing: 1-2 months

10.uf help is needed during build where u located: wexford.

Any help welcome
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Aren;t you near Happy-PC - his PCs are free if you sell him back all the software he pre loads :D

Item|Price
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance Low Profile schwarz PC3-12800U CL9|€43.45
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA 3 6GB/s|€75.93
    Corsair Carbide Series 400R, ATX, ohne Netzteil|€83.06
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W|€54.51
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 OC 950M, 3GB GDDR5, full retail|€345.00
    Samsung SH-222BB schwarz|€16.54
    ASRock Z77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€91.34
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€218.09
    Thermalright HR-02 Macho|€36.81
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€983.72

Okay why this build - The GPU is freakin' awesome: Best value for money until the 660Ti become the price they should be (€250). You could downgrade this to a 7870 and add an SSD if you want but the 7870 isn't looking like the best value option now.

Everything else is set up for some decent over clocks - should get 4.2 - 4.4Ghz depending on your cable management and chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

Is this the best possible
    parts i can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

TheSunderz wrote: »
    Is this the best possible
    parts i can get.

Pretty much ye. Unless you run into some more funds, to be honest though. If you're only playing on one 1080p monitor anything more than this would be complete overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

It would be worth trying to fit an SSD into that budget somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

It would be worth trying to fit an SSD into that budget somewhere

Defo, I'd drop the GPU to a 7850 saving €100, great card at 1080p and overclocks like a beast and throw in a 128gb SSD for the same money.

An SSD should be a must on a new build with that budget.

• Advertisement

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Defo, I'd drop the GPU to a 7850 saving €100, great card at 1080p and overclocks like a beast and throw in a 128gb SSD for the same money.

An SSD should be a must on a new build with that budget.

Can you do a parts list with the items you just said just to see how much i have left over.

Wud this be a good gaming pc for the money if i decided against building one myself.

Wud this be a good gaming pc for the money if i decided against building one myself.http://www.custompc.ie/intel-i7-extreme--1155-series-new-2012-model-47996-p.asp

Wud this be a good gaming pc for the money if i decided against building one myself.http://www.custompc.ie/intel-i7-extreme--1155-series-new-2012-model-47996-p.asp

As soon as I saw custompc I lol'd

That would be an epic gaming PC for minesweeper.

As soon as I saw custompc I lol'd

That would be an epic gaming PC for minesweeper.

So its terrible explain how plz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

So its terrible explain how plz

It's pretty terribad to be honest.

It's got an i7 processor(completely unnecessary for gaming) with the cheapest budget card from this generation of nVidia cards(not nearly powerful enough for gaming) for starters.

Custom PC are pretty well known for being crap. I'm more than happy to help but I prefer to keep my comments about components. Google is Your Friend - start looking up components - Your two most important components in a gaming rig are you GPU and CPU. There are only two companies involved with the manufacture of each component and three total. They are AMD and nVidia for the GPU and AMD and Intel for the CPU.

Start looking at AMD and nVidia's websites for some basic info on their GPUs. You'll see a 610 is bottom of the range.

just wondering when will tge gtx 660 b out and how much wud it be

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

The gtx 660 ti is already out, and costs around €300-€320. I would advise you to go with Procrastastudy's build above. The 660ti isn't worth the money they're asking for it at the moment. If you really want one then you should probably wait a while and see if the price settles down a bit.

Advertisement