Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug / something changed wrt search parameters?

Options
  • 16-08-2012 10:50pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads, me again... :p

Can you please have a look at this post in the Airsoft forum rules thread wrt the searching for a user in another thread bit.

i.e. this:

To find feedback left for a user then use the following method:
    (copy and paste the link below into your browsers URL bar and replace <username> with the username you are interested in).
    e.g: http://www.boards.ie/search/?t=2055848045&q=thermo
    http://www.boards.ie/search/?t=2055848045&q=<username>

I fully checked that this method worked when I posted it a month ago but it's returning a boards headed 404 now having tried it several times tonight.

Have you changed something there?

If so, is there a format / parameter set you can give me that works in the context of the above so I can update the thread?

Many thanks,
    Steve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

I believe search has changed since then with the new beta skin. For example, searching "Steve" is this thread is given by

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2056728922&query=steve

I bolded the differences to the earlier version you posted so you can change yours to what you need it for.

If it changes in the future, the "Search thread" function (in between Thread Tools and Rate Thread) should have the correct search parameters when you use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Yeah there have been a ton of changes made to search over the last month or so, including a completely new UI, updated API methods and a completely new architecture to our SOLR setup. As a result the URL scheme is different, the URL RolandIRL provided above should work.

As an aside, have you noticed how much faster it is?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

That works perfectly, thanks a mill guys. :)

I also like that it isn't case sensitive, nice. :cool:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement