Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap vet wanted

• 16-08-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi im wondering is there any cheap vets in the kildare area that might be willing to help my poor cat she has some sores on top of her head beside her ear and she has made it worse by scratching it i put a elizibethin color on her but she is very depressed with it on her i need to get this sorted last year i fell on hard times and now i cant afford to bring her to the vet with the kids going back to school next week the bills are coming in fast we love our cat very much and it really hurts us to see her in such pain i did bring her to the vet in athy last week but only the nurse would see her and just gave me some soloution to apply to her head the so called VET would not even look at her without paying 40 euro to them please if somebody knows where i could bring her i would be very gratefull and please do not bother commenthing if you have nothing good to say e.g if you cant afford a vet you should'nt have a pet like i said i fell on hard times like most of the people in this country im not looking for a free vet just a vet that understands my situation
    thanks any help would be great

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What vet did you go to in Athy?

If you contact the KSPCA they may be able to help you?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hairyface

the hospital

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Don't know the hospital that you are talking about to be honest.

Have you tried any other vets?

Is your cat an outdoor or indoor cat?

And what are the sores like?

she is an indoor cat her and her sister come in every night and are always very clean great pets to have the kids love them to bits the sores started off small and then after her scratching them they got worse scabs on them and kind of raw looking no pusing though my wife cleans them with the soloution 4 times a day at first the sores looked like she had been from fighting but now they have got worse in all fairness to the nurse she did shave the cats head to make cleaning easier but gave me no indication to what might be the cause

hairyface wrote: »
    she is an indoor cat her and her sister come in every night and are always very clean great pets to have the kids love them to bits the sores started off small and then after her scratching them they got worse scabs on them and kind of raw looking no pusing though my wife cleans them with the soloution 4 times a day at first the sores looked like she had been from fighting but now they have got worse in all fairness to the nurse she did shave the cats head to make cleaning easier but gave me no indication to what might be the cause

You probably need to go to the vet if the solution doesn't work.

Have you flea treated recently?

Definitely check out the KSPCA and see if they can arrange a discount via their vet?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    You probably need to go to the vet if the solution doesn't work.

Have you flea treated recently?

Definitely check out the KSPCA and see if they can arrange a discount via their vet?

yeah flea treated thank you for the advise ill contact kspca tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The Kildare Animal Foundation may also be able to help you. Some vets will arrange a payment plan if you do explain your situation though so don't be afraid to ask.

Advertisement