Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using last year's points and adding on 25 maths bonus

• 16-08-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have repeated my Leaving Cert and have somehow done worse .
    Can I use last year's points and add on the 25 maths bonus.
    I got 520 last year, higher level maths included in this.
    Will I now have 545 points ?:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭skanger

sheeba7 wrote: »

Yes, you will

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Afraid not. :(

If you're going to say something disappointing please make sure your at least right

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

sheeba7 wrote: »
    Was HL maths counted in your top 6 subjects last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

skanger wrote: »
    If you're going to say something disappointing please make sure your at least right

Sorry, I actually didn't know that, I just assumed. :o Still, better to hear bad news that's wrong than good news that's false. :pac:

It's "you're" not "your" btw, see we all get things wrong sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sheeba7

Yes Higher Level maths was in my top 6 last year.
    Thank God , I sent my last year's examination number to the cao. !!!
    Can't believe I went down 15 points .
    Anyway's the concensus is that I will be able to use last year's points and add the 25 points.
    Thanks for all the help guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

jumpguy wrote: »
    Was HL maths counted in your top 6 subjects last year?
    I don't think it matters tho', does it, jumpy?

If it should be included in the top six with the bonus it will be.

Though ... wait ... I think I see what you're getting at. You mean that if sheeba had been dropping a subject counting say 70 points and replacing it with Maths counting 85 (including bonus) it would actually mean a 15 points improvement, rather than 25?
    Sorry, I actually didn't know that, I just assumed. :o Still, better to hear bad news that's wrong than good news that's false. :pac:

Any more grammar nazi-ism outta you, and I'll plant my boot where the cruel sun doesn't shine! :P

Ok buddy,
    How about I go through your entire post history nitpicking for grammer?
    You can do the same for me and find some glaring ****ing errors like the one you made in this thread.

LISTEN TO ME YOU PATRONISING BOLLOX, YOU HAVE STARTED A WAR YOU CAN'T WIN, I WILL SALT THE EARTH YOU POST ON YOU ****ING HERMAPHRODITE, COMPLETE ****ING SHOCK AND AWE, NO HOLDS BARRED.
    I WILL END YOUR LIFE HOMEBOY THEN I WILL GO HOME AND SLEEP LIKE A ****ING BABY, I AM A COLD HEARTED MONSTER AND YOU ARE MY PREY, YOU BEST GET USED TO SLEEPING WITH ONE EYE OPEN

I don't think it matters tho', does it, jumpy?

If it should be included in the top six with the bonus it will be.

Though ... wait ... I think I see what you're getting at. You mean that if sheeba had been dropping a subject counting say 70 points and replacing it with Maths counting 85 (including bonus) it would actually mean a 15 points improvement, rather than 25?

Any more grammar nazi-ism outta you, and I'll plant my boot where the cruel sun doesn't shine! :P

Appreciate the dig out friend but I can handle this chump myself

Ok buddy,
    How about I go through your entire post history nitpicking for grammer?
    You can do the same for me and find some glaring ****ing errors like the one you made in this thread.

LISTEN TO ME YOU PATRONISING BOLLOX, YOU HAVE STARTED A WAR YOU CAN'T WIN, I WILL SALT THE EARTH YOU POST ON YOU ****ING HERMAPHRODITE, COMPLETE ****ING SHOCK AND AWE, NO HOLDS BARRED.
    I WILL END YOUR LIFE HOMEBOY THEN I WILL GO HOME AND SLEEP LIKE A ****ING BABY, I AM A COLD HEARTED MONSTER AND YOU ARE MY PREY, YOU BEST GET USED TO SLEEPING WITH ONE EYE OPEN

LOL :D

Appreciate the dig out friend but I can handle this chump myself
    I'm not your friend, I'm one of the mods of this forum.

And I'm now

1) reminding you of two core Boards principles which we repeat over and over again:

- Be civil. In particular, we will not tolerate direct personal abuse;

- If you have a problem with a post, report it;

and

2) banning you from this forum for two weeks for that little tirade.

• Advertisement

Some people really do get worked up over these exams, enjoy your holiday skanger. You deserve it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

So can anyone who ever sat higher level maths now have an extra 25 points or how does it work?

Some people really do get worked up over these exams, enjoy your holiday skanger. You deserve it! :D
    Gloating / goading someone who can no longer reply doesn't impress me either, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Trololololololol... Poor guy thought he could say that in the same thread as a mod is posting in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ei.sderob

Not trying to be cheeky or in anyway condescending ,and I'm not referring to RandyLongHorn on this occasion but a few mods on here who I've actually noticed, but do they have to act in such a pompus and belittling manner when dealing with such straight forward minor "offenses"? And not to mention I've noticed a few times that certain regulars do receive more lenient punishments and are dealt with in a more lenient way in general than newcomers. A first time offense by a newcomer seemingly seems to be the nail in the premature coffin for there experience on boards like. I mean they could just act with a little more leniency and try place themselves in the shoes of the perpitrator, the mods that is

ei.sderob wrote: »
    Not trying to be cheeky or in anyway condescending ,and I'm not referring to RandyLongHorn on this occasion but a few mods on here who I've actually noticed, but do they have to act in such a pompus and belittling manner when dealing with such straight forward minor "offenses"? And not to mention I've noticed a few times that certain regulars do receive more lenient punishments and are dealt with in a more lenient way in general than newcomers. A first time offense by a newcomer seemingly seems to be the nail in the premature coffin for there experience on boards like. I mean they could just act with a little more leniency and try place themselves in the shoes of the perpitrator, the mods that is
    Pompous and belittling, really?! :)

And if anything, personally, I'd tend to be more likely to be lenient to newcomers tbh. That tirade would have earned an old hand a much longer ban.

Though as I noticed afterwards, skanger wasn't a newcomer (not that March and 85 posts is really new), he was a re-reg of someone who had previously caused a fair amount of hassle in LC and been sitebanned eventually.

And heh, I've been told off by Cruel Sun as well, so at least I must be even-handed in my tyranny! >.<

Btw, there's a general rule on boards that you don't argue Mod decisions on thread; use PM or if you feel the need Helpdesk, but not on-thread as it knocks them even further off-topic.

But despite my tyrannical and pompous nature, I'm just *telling* you this, not lashing out with infractions or wielding the banhammer! :P

Now ... COULD we get this thread back on topic please?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ei.sderob

I think we all know who won that little bout of verbal jousting....lol.

Advertisement