Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is Your First Name ?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Not telling you mine as it is quite unusual so don't want to give myself totally away.

My sons are Dylan and Jake but if I had my way they would have been Oscar and Marley.

When my mum was expecting my younger brother we had a family discussion on names. I wanted to call him Jonathan Dean, my dad wanted to call him Brendan after himself, my older brother wanted to call him Ronnie after Ronnie Whelan and mum had decided she wanted to call him Gavin. The day after he was born we wrote all the names down on pieces of paper, and me being the youngest got to pull out THE name. It was Gavin. We left the hospital thinking we had a brother called Gavin. Next day when mum was coming home and was leaving the hospital the nurse said goodbye to her and leaned into the baby seat and said "goodbye Steven". We all looked at her like she was mad until mum explained she had looked at him and he hadn't looked like a Gavin but like a Steven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I'm Maximilian,, when you hit MAX, multiply by a Million, thats me!

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

My name is Earl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Mars Bar wrote: »
    How do you pronounce that?

Las-a-reena! Used to work with one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Ive actually reversed my names for my username, instead of the usual "firstname lastname"

My first name is Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

stepbar wrote: »
    My name is Earl.

GTFO! I've got a brother with the exact same name!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Id give my kids a name which is easy to pronounce in all countries.

My names Cathal and its a pain in the ass of a name outside of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hugh Jass is my name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

jubella wrote: »
    I'm Louise.

Also I really don't like the urban dictionary definitions for my name! Especially this one:

"When a man leaves his 'remains' after performing a sexual act on the girl/boys jeans."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=louise

Louise
    1. The most evil dog bitch spawn of Satan ever to live. She is also said to steal the souls of young children inorder to feed her albino daughter.
    2. To lose complete control of your bowels and go crazy.

"Fuck I just got louised..!"
    3. An annoying, clingy person.
    Sick of her.
    Not many friends.
    Weird in ways.

"dude, who is that?
    -I dunno, a louise
    Oh... one of those"

Hahaha!! I for one love your name! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Raic

Mars Bar wrote: »
    How do you pronounce that?
    syndeyfife wrote: »
    Las-a-reena! Used to work with one
    Syndeyfife has given an approximation with sounds that exist in English, but I've made a quick audio recording of how it's pronounced in Irish here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

Id give my kids a name which is easy to pronounce in all countries.

My names Cathal and its a pain in the ass of a name outside of Ireland.

Just be glad that your name isn't Cathair. One of my mates goes to college in england and they call him cat hair all the time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Raic wrote: »
    Syndeyfife has given an approximation with sounds that exist in English, but I've made a quick audio recording of how it's pronounced in Irish here.

Seems a bit mean to call your child something that's hard to spell and will spend most of her life trying to explain it! But that's just me and each to their own. :)
    If that was my name, I think I'd shorten it to Fiona and that's another name I don't like...

Just be glad that your name isn't Cathair. One of my mates goes to college in england and they call him cat hair all the time...

I'm surprised you don't call him chair tbh :confused: seemed like an obvious one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

You'll never figure out mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Rumpelstiltskin.

In fairness I think it's actually more fun guessing each other's names than actually saying it out right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

You look like a Colm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

cgal093 wrote: »
    You look like a Colm..

What does a Colm look like?

I'm very interested to hear this (there's a clue to my firstname)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Mine is neither Anthony nor Declan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

chughes wrote: »
    What does a Colm look like?

I'm very interested to hear this (there's a clue to my firstname)

Tall, Asian, blonde hair. You know, the usual stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement