Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Hairdresser for men !

Options
  • 17-08-2012 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm the type of guy who always has gone to the barber for the normal €10 cut. However i was in Kilkenny recently and needed a haircut, all i could find was this hair salon, but it was for men. The difference, they paid a lot more attention to the hair cut they were giving you, not only did it take longer it also cost more €19. But i must admit it was a damn good haircut.

What i've come here to ask was is there any where in Galway city that someone could recommend that is similar ? This place in Kilkenny was so good when he was taking the thickness out of my hair he used a cut-throat razor compared to the normal thickness removing scissors barbers use. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ps. Please refain from recommending barber shops :rolleyes:

Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

3fullback wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm the type of guy who always has gone to the barber for the normal €10 cut. However i was in Kilkenny recently and needed a haircut, all i could find was this hair salon, but it was for men. The difference, they paid a lot more attention to the hair cut they were giving you, not only did it take longer it also cost more €19. But i must admit it was a damn good haircut.

What i've come here to ask was is there any where in Galway city that someone could recommend that is similar ? This place in Kilkenny was so good when he was taking the thickness out of my hair he used a cut-throat razor compared to the normal thickness removing scissors barbers use. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ps. Please refain from recommending barber shops :rolleyes:

Thanks again

Barry in Momento is spot on and knows what hes doing. Might not do what I highlighted above but I've gone to him probably 8 times a year for the last 9 years?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I've had one of the girls in Momento go at me with a DE razor blade before, made a hell of a difference. I think with momento though you're looking at at least 20 euro, which might be a lot if you get your hair cut regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

If the Barry ou mentioned is Barry mcKenna he is a long time at the trade, and knows it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

that new place Hairland on abbeygate street is really good, 8 euro for a mens cut

i got a scissor cut and he spent a good ten minutes on it, looks well and ill be back to him again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

He used a razor to cut your hair? How does that work? I've only ever gone to men's barbers so the only thing I've seen the razor used for is shaving the back of the neck area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I go to Raymond Skelton. He's got curly hair quite similar to mine so he knows how to cut it properly rather than attempt a generic butchering like many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

He used a razor to cut your hair? How does that work? I've only ever gone to men's barbers so the only thing I've seen the razor used for is shaving the back of the neck area.

Tbh i did'nt know what he was at first, but ya he used a cut throat razor to take the tickness out of my hair, he claimed that not to many hairdressers are skilled enough to do it !

Advertisement