Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not enough points.

• 17-08-2012 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

So I applied to 2 courses which interested me in DCU. Sadly, I get no where near enough points. I know I could have worked harder but the thought of doing the leaving all over again makes me cringe as I already repeated 5th year. So as you may be able to guess, I'm not sure what to do now. Could anyone out there please explain to whole PLC concept? As in, do plc's only lead you to certain courses in college and is there any way that with on I could help me study at DCU? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

What were you hoping to study? There are PLCs like pre university arts, and I'm sure there are ones for Science etc. too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 colmdiniho

Aviation Management with Pilot Studies. I guess it would fall under a business degree?

http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=194

That's the qualifax page for your course, look at the sections about FETAC, it tells you which courses you can do & what grades you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

The DCU website gives a list of the exact course codes that you need for FETAC courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 colmdiniho

Cheers for the help. One last question, does it matter that I didn't meet to college's minimum entry requirements once I have a plc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Nope, the PLC counts as a minimum entry requirement. As long as you passed five subjects, you can get a PLC

Did you actually go and read the information on Qualifax, no? It states there that if you have not met the maths entry requirements, you need a distinction in maths or statistics in the PLC. All of the information is on the course page on Qualifax.

Advertisement