Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get BTEA still?

Options
  • 17-08-2012 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey, I'm 22 years old and I was plaining on going to college this September. The only way that I could do it was if I could get back to education allowance. The thing is, I was made do to a fas course starting in June. Would this have an effect on me getting the BTEA. It says that you must be receiving social welfare for at least 3 months, which I was before I started the fas course. I get paid by fas for doing the course but would this still count in regards to the BTEA?

Cheers for any help you can offer as I am very confused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭toc2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Periods of time spent on FAS courses can count towards the qualifying period as long as you are in receipt of a DSP payment such as Jobseekers immediately before your new course starts.

From DSP website: http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/BackToEducation/Pages/ThirdLevelOption.aspx
    Periods spent on the BTEA, Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS), Full-time FÁS/Fáilte Ireland Training Course, FIT, Community Employment Scheme, Part-time Job Incentive Scheme, Community Services Programme, Rural Social Scheme, Tus, National Internship, WPP, Back to Work Enterprise Allowance, Short-term Enterprise Allowance, FÁS Job Initiative or Job Assist may count towards the qualifying period for BTEA purposes. This provision applies only in cases where the BTEA applicant was in receipt of a relevant Social Welfare payment immediately prior to or after participation in any of the above schemes.

Advertisement