Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARTS - Repeat!

• 17-08-2012 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hello fellow ORT'S students ;)

Considering all my options. In BA1, thinking of repeating. I'll be repeating English but taking new subjects - Pyschology, Geography and French (or Spanish @ beginner level - undecided)

Any advice on these subjects and workload? Also, what order would I put them in to be guaranteed all?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Just finished BA1 myself, keeping on English and Psychology!

Psychology in first year is very manageable workload-wise. There's only 3 essays during the year for continuous assessment. However, it's not one to get complacent about when it comes to study month. There is a lot to cover for the exams, and it is worth reading as much as you can during the year so you don't fall into that trap! Mostly interesting, probably won't be what you're expecting, but good all the same.

I did beginners' Spanish and loved it. It is a very easy language to pick up grammar-wise if you have already studied another European language such as French or Italian. The mechanics are very similar in these languages. The Spanish Dpt are lovely and very helpful if you've any problems. The workload is also very manageable. You'll get homework at the end of every class (like school!:p) that can be completed very quickly and will keep you on top of things. The class moves very fast (you're expected to have a LC standard at the end of the 6 months!) so try to attend as many of the classes as possible. It could be very easy to fall behind!

I didn't do French or Geography so can't give an opinion on those. Good luck with what ever you choose!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrycailin7

I did geography in first arts 1. Found it fairly ok. only 3 essays to complete during the year which is alright. Exams were a bit more challenging, if u are good at writing english essays, you will fly the exams. Most are opinion questions with a few facts thrown in here and there to show u know a bit about the subject. Hope this helps

Advertisement