Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lads kick-boxing training on Sligo line!

• 17-08-2012 1:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

I was on the Longford train this evening. At about eight o'clock, just before the Hill of Down, the train slowed to a snails-pace coming up to a bridge. I was wondering why we were slowing down, but my curiosity would soon be satisfied. As the train passed underneath the bridge, here was two youngfellas in full flight, doing what looked like kick-boxing training! Boxing gloves, pad yokes and all! Right under the feckin bridge! They seemed to be after coming out hiding, probably waited till the driver was gone past or something, (he obviously saw them if he slowed down in the first place) but there they were doing elbows and kicks etc. with the train only feet away! Did anyone else see this? Anyone else on that train?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Another mobile phone ad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Another mobile phone ad?

What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

They had a GAA lad flaking bottles around waterford goods with a hurley and sliotar for an ad for 3 mobile a bit ago.

Strangely (or maybe not so strangely) I can't find the linky now, apart from this

http://press.three.ie/press_releases/13-jul-waterfords-john-mullane-travels-far-and-wide-in-new-three-training-video/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

newmug wrote: »
    Did anyone else see this? Anyone else on that train?

No I didn't see the boxing, but earlier today I saw a strange looking train with a yellow container and tanks in Mullingar, anybody know what that was, it was towed by an 071, didn't get the number, look like some kind of a test train.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    No I didn't see the boxing, but earlier today I saw a strange looking train with a yellow container and tanks in Mullingar, anybody know what that was, it was towed by an 071, didn't get the number, look like some kind of a test train.

Sounds like the weedspray train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CaptainFreedom

Sligo Quay wrote: »

Its the Sperry train, track recording

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

What do drivers do when they see trespassers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

What do drivers do when they see trespassers?

Most lightly get a blow of the train horn, speed reduced if required and driver will report it to Central Control. CCTV may then be downloaded from the 22000 sets not sure for every trespasser but in serious cases it will. Not sure what happens afterwords or if they actually catch people or fine then the 2,000 if they can identify them.

Advertisement