Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Needless violent scenes in TV shows

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Started watching the second season of Criminal Minds today and in one of the episodes it starts off with a couple getting a letter from their daughter, the letter says she is having a great time etc and theres a DVD, which they assume is pics, turns out to be a DVD of their daughter getting raped.
    The scene shows the distressed looking woman getting thrown onto a table by her attacker who is raping her... then you have a reaction shot of the parents(father dies of a heart attack).

I thought it was quite disturbing, but also unnecessary, the reaction shot of the parents would have got the message across grand. Seemed like the scene was just thrown in for the sake of it, it was needless (disturbed me to such an extent that I turned it off).

Does anyone else think that many TV shows are unnecessarily violent?

could have been enough with the reaction shots but not the same impact and from the sounds of it the scene calls for it

magnumbud wrote: »
    could have been enough with the reaction shots but not the same impact and from the sounds of it the scene calls for it

having watched the clip what a complete over reaction. jeez if you think thats bad never watch the girl with the dragon tatoo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

magnumbud wrote: »
    having watched the clip what a complete over reaction. jeez if you think thats bad never watch the girl with the dragon tatoo

The bedroom rape scene?
    The original version or the lesser (in my opinion) imitation English speaking version?

Biggins wrote: »
    The bedroom rape scene?
    The original version or the lesser (in my opinion) imitation English speaking version?

either as both are far more graphic than the scene in this which what shows a girl in her bra and side showing showing she is not wearing underwear but seeing nothing. and insinuating she is about to get raped but not showing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I vote the OP should change his username to Salvation Army.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Biggins wrote: »
    The bedroom rape scene?

Swedish one dark but she better now read the book version of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Seen the Swedish one. Excellent performance by yer woman, but I was a bit dissapointed in the overall thing plotwise. Second one was ok.

Swedish one dark but she better now read the book version of it

lets just say anything with the girl with the dragon tatoo in it she should avoid. also the hills have eyes one and two (newer ones) both have fairly graphic rape scenes

Advertisement