Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round One/Two Offers question

• 17-08-2012 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Sorry, hassling you all again (please don't kill me. :( )

So let's say I get an offer from my top choice, UCD, in round one. I accept it and wait for round two, it's choice two, three, whichever. Can I get away with accepting that offer instead of the first one? I really don't want to go to UCD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

lulanpla wrote: »
    Sorry, hassling you all again (please don't kill me. :( )

So let's say I get an offer from my top choice, UCD, in round one. I accept it and wait for round two, it's choice two, three, whichever. Can I get away with accepting that offer instead of the first one? I really don't want to go to UCD.
    Nope, once you're offered your top choice, all lower choices automatically disappear, you will never be offered them.

You can only move UP the ranking, not down; if you are offered your no. 2 choice in Round 1and you qualify for your no. 1 in a later round, you will be offered it; never the other way round though.

The system works on the basis that you knew your own mind and ranked your choices correctly in the order in which you wanted them; it can't work any other way.

p.s. see the CAO offers sticky at the top of the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

You can however go on a special website *cao owned* where there is quite a few course still available for people who dont want their first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 yungwan7k88

I HAVE A QUESTION YEAH I RENCENTLEY APPLIED TO BUSINESS AND LAW IN DIT AND SINCE IT HAS NO POINTS I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD GET IN WITH 330 POINTS REALLY WANT TO DO THIS CORSE AND ALSO I DONT WANNA GO IT TALLAGHT ANYMORE BUT IF I DO I WILL GO IN CAN I TRANSFER.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

I HAVE A QUESTION YEAH I RENCENTLEY APPLIED TO BUSINESS AND LAW IN DIT AND SINCE IT HAS NO POINTS I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD GET IN WITH 330 POINTS REALLY WANT TO DO THIS CORSE AND ALSO I DONT WANNA GO IT TALLAGHT ANYMORE BUT IF I DO I WILL GO IN CAN I TRANSFER.

25054543.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Work on the basis of serious.
    English is not everyone's first language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but ...
    I got accepted for HEAR, and say if I didn't get a place first time round through HEAR, would there be any chance at all of getting in through HEAR in round 2, as there only a certain amount of places?
    And if the reduced points for round 2 were equal/less than MY points, could I be accepted the normal route or only through HEAR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You can however go on a special website *cao owned* where there is quite a few course still available for people who dont want their first choice.
    You mean the Vacant Places on the CAO website?

See CAO sticky at the top of the forum for link, but in the grand scheme of thigs it's quite a small number. Still, you might be lucky enough to spot just what you want.
    How do you mean, it has no points?

Is it a new course which wasn't offered last year, so there are no points from last year to give at least an indication?

No-one knows what this year's points will be until Monday ...

Advertisement