Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Murder

• 17-08-2012 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Were you ever in a book shop , and noticed a person hovering around the crime secition of the magazine aisle (Im talking easons and other big book shops)

The person picks up a murder magazine and looks through it, then smiles and goes to buy the 6.50 magazine.

I am that person.... Hi nice to meet you :D

I love murder mags, murder books, books about serial killers etc. I find it fascinating how the killers mind works, what their childhood was like etc.

My friends find this very creepy, where as they are off with their "Fifty shades of grey" im delving into the mind of a killer.

Does this make me a potential murderer ?? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I think this would be a great way to fcuk with people and make them uneasy. Can't get enough of that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

No of course not. Reading James Bond doesn't make you a potential spy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Man's laughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Do you have the same reaction to your murder stuff that the fans of 50 Shades do to those books?

Because if so, yes, that does make me worry that you're a potential (future) murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

We're all potential murderers. We just need the unlikely opportunity of getting Bertie Ahern alone in a room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

face1990 wrote: »
    No of course not. Reading James Bond doesn't make you a potential spy.

Thats what you think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I love murder mags, murder books, books about serial killers etc. I find it fascinating how the killers mind works, what their childhood was like etc.

Who knows, I doubt it though.

u_c_thesecond they are aware of you, your plan of execution is doomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

My friends find this very creepy, where as they are off with their "Fifty shades of grey" im delving into the mind of a killer.

Didn't notice this. You need to make new friends

^^^ Contemplations like that won't help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Do you have the same reaction to your murder stuff that the fans of 50 Shades do to those books?

Because if so, yes, that does make me worry that you're a potential (future) murderer.

ha god no- i dont see myself posing on fb "Just read the life of jeffery Dahmer... im so wet " :D

Im in my late 20s, and have been mad into these books for years. My hubby understands it- but the reactions from my friends have been odd- espically when they see my bookcase:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

ha god no- i dont see myself posing on fb "Just read the life of jeffery Dahmer... im so wet " :D

Im in my late 20s, and have been mad into these books for years. My hubby understands it- but the reactions from my friends have been odd- espically when they see my bookcase:p

Nah, you're fine so.

How's the aul trapping flies and putting them on spider webs going for you? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Nah, you're fine so.

How's the aul trapping flies and putting them on spider webs going for you? :P

Not great- bastarding flies arent out cos of the rain. so instead im putting cling film over the webs and watching the spider starve

Oh i just came over all tingily :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

You're either a murderer-in-training or perfectly normal. However, I'd draw the line at writing fan fiction or performing live re-enactments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you're spending a lot of time with a lot of people who read that 50 shades sh1te, then an interest in murder is probably quite reasonable...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Your fascination for murder all stems from your childhood relationship with your parents. You are vicariously reveling in murder itself without getting your hands dirty. You should be monitored for the safety of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Murder is nothing these days,everyones at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

You say your hubby understands. Maybe.
    If I was him I'd be a bit worried and
    I'd be searching the house for all kinds
    of potential murder weapons or devices.
    'Cause with an obsession like yours, if you
    ever flipped, he'd be no match for you.
    Poor chap. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

My bookcase must look similar to yours.....'fred and rose west, women who kill, serial killers, children who kill' etc etc. Some of my friends find it odd but most people realise that I have a fascination with the psychology behind it. I don't find it strange and I certainly don't think I'm ever going to murder someone. My parents used to joke that they were getting uneasy when I was reading 'children who kill'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

There is a 10 year old boy in my street, the son of 2 cousins who married. He is the creeiest kid I've ever seen. Chills me when he looks at me. My husband and I privately nicknamed him 'Dexter'. None of the other kids want to play with him but they're forced to, otherwise his parents go to the kids houses and make a very loud scene. If this kid doesn't end up as a serial killer I'll be shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Your grand everyone like to examine the extremes of what human can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

Ah I love reading about all that stuff too! I'm always on the crime channel! I think it's because it's fascinating what a human can do. Thankfully I don't get any urges :-)

• Advertisement

my mum is always watching those crime documentaries
    women who kill and other such nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

I do that too, i find it fascinating and i try find out as much as i can how their mind was working, my favourite serial killer was ted bundy, ive read a lot about him, very interesting man.
    I obviously dont support what he did but i just find him interesting. the stranger beside me is a very good book, id recommend anyone to give it a go.

Advertisement