Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Viewing scripts / appealing results **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jackies green army

can you only view scripts from this years LC? or if you're using previous years points can you view these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

can you only view scripts from this years LC? or if you're using previous years points can you view these?
    No, just this year's. The period for appeals is in the weeks after your LC results come out; it has nothing to do with the CAO or points or what year you're using the points in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Do I have to get in contact with all the teachers myself, or will the school do that. Seems an awful hassle to have to find out their home phone number and ring them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Do I have to get in contact with all the teachers myself, or will the school do that. Seems an awful hassle to have to find out their home phone number and ring them.

It could very well be hassle for the teachers too you know! Ring or call into your school and ask if the teachers will be present. Otherwise ask nicely if they could be asked to show up. I doubt you have any of their phone numbers anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

dambarude wrote: »
    It could very well be hassle for the teachers too you know! Ring or call into your school and ask if the teachers will be present. Otherwise ask nicely if they could be asked to show up. I doubt you have any of their phone numbers anyway?

I text one of mine to ask and it was no problem! :)

• Advertisement

HeaneyBabe wrote: »

Things have changed since my day, I'll tell ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

HeaneyBabe wrote: »
    dambarude wrote: »

My teacher told my mum she'd come in with me! I hadn't even asked her!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Encie

You could call the school and ask if the teachers will be in before the students start school? I asked the secretary of the school and she told me when the teaching staff would be in and to pop round then and ask them. Just make sure to ask them nicely!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Encie wrote: »
    You could call the school and ask if the teachers will be in before the students start school? I asked the secretary of the school and she told me when the teaching staff would be in and to pop round then and ask them. Just make sure to ask them nicely!

Almost every second level school in the country is opening either next Monday or Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 afrocod

Will the marking schemes be provided on the day or will we have to bring our own?

• Advertisement

afrocod wrote: »
    Will the marking schemes be provided on the day or will we have to bring our own?

They're provided on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

I filled up my form on the day of the results and gave it to one of my teachers. I just ticked the boxes besides the appropriate subjects, signed and dated it as I was instructed to do so. However, I have heard since that there was a back to the form for our address. Would this make any difference since I have not heard anything back from my school about when I'm to go into to look at the scripts!

Have people heard back from their schools already?

HELP! :eek::confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The schools are open on Monday or Tuesday.
    Ring yours then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I filled up my form on the day of the results and gave it to one of my teachers. I just ticked the boxes besides the appropriate subjects, signed and dated it as I was instructed to do so. However, I have heard since that there was a back to the form for our address. Would this make any difference since I have not heard anything back from my school about when I'm to go into to look at the scripts!

Have people heard back from their schools already?

HELP! :eek::confused:
    I wouldn't worry too much. I only saw that as I walked over, but the secretaries let me fill it in...and I assume they'd have filled it in for you, considering it's all in their system anyway. My maths teacher is the one organising it in my school and he can easily contact me but hasn't yet, I assume it's just taking a while, but now I'm a little paranoid. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

If you want more than one teacher to view the scripts with you ie my english and german papers. Can I bring in my different teachers or is it just one teacher only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

My teacher gave me the date I'm viewing them on the day of the results. :L

Quick question; you don't have to stay all of the 3 hours, right? And will there be a supervisor or something in the room with you? :)

Quick question; you don't have to stay all of the 3 hours, right? And will there be a supervisor or something in the room with you? :)

Did you receive the date from the State Commission or your school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Did you receive the date from the State Commission or your school?

The school. The teacher organizing the exams just gave me the slip that's supposed to be sent through post on that day I filled it in to save time, says the date and times.. :)

The school. The teacher organizing the exams just gave me the slip that's supposed to be sent through post on that day I filled it in to save time, says the date and times.. :)

Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭dcam

No you don't have to stay for three hours. When I viewed mine last year I left after about two and a half hours and I was one of the last to leave. You can leave whenever you're ready. And yes there will be a teacher from your school supervising.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

i know you cant bring a notebook and pen in but can you leave it outside and go in and out to write down where you went wrong etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 paulinap

can I ask to change the session allocated to me if I'm unable to attend on the time given?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Can I just not show up? Dont feel like viewing them anymore!

I imagine you'd have to call and let the school know, or else they'd call you when you're not there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mcnm1993

I'm viewing scripts tomorrow but I know I probably won't be appealing anything. Does anyone know if it's obligatory that another person accompanies you while your viewing the scripts or if you can go in on your own?? Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

mcnm1993 wrote: »
    I'm viewing scripts tomorrow but I know I probably won't be appealing anything. Does anyone know if it's obligatory that another person accompanies you while your viewing the scripts or if you can go in on your own?? Thanks :)

im just bringing one teacher in for a subject and they said its fine to view the rest on my own:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm viewing most by myself, I didn't bother getting a teacher as I left it late to ask. And I decided I probably won't appeal unless it's very obvious that I should've gotten a higher grade.
    Are you allowed to leave the room and come back in at any point? and my aunties coming in later on to view the English with me. I just want to know will I able to leave just to come back into the room again??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm viewing most by myself, I didn't bother getting a teacher as I left it late to ask. And I decided I probably won't appeal unless it's very obvious that I should've gotten a higher grade.
    Are you allowed to leave the room and come back in at any point? and my aunties coming in later on to view the English with me. I just want to know will I able to leave just to come back into the room again??
    Yeah, I don't think it's a problem.

Sure apart from anything else, they couldn't lock you in for 3 hours without access to (coughs in embarassment :o) the facilities, like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

If we decide to appeal an exam, do we have to pay the €40 tomorrow or how does it work?

Also if you're grade goes up, how are you notified? And do you get a new certificate?! :pac:

• Advertisement

Lucario wrote: »
    If we decide to appeal an exam, do we have to pay the €40 tomorrow or how does it work?

Also if you're grade goes up, how are you notified? And do you get a new certificate?! :pac:
    You fill in some form :) Not sure how paying works but I imagine you get a bit of time first since you pay by bank giro.

And you do! Amended <3 :pac:

Advertisement