Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Bus Services

Options
  • 17-08-2012 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭

Using www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/ I have compiled the attached map of Waterford City bus services. However, I am not happy that I have it right. I have only added Bus Éireann routes for the moment - I don't understand the other bus routes yet.

Black lines indicate 3 or more routes on the same street.

All routes appear confused in the city centre

My information on the 603 and 610 is very confused.

Does the 605 continue into the hospital?

Note that route 609 seems to have some route variations.
    * Carrickphierish - City via Logloss
    * Carrickphierish - City via Cleaboy Road
    * Carrickphierish - Avondale

Any comments welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Fair play to you for trying to figure out that particular tangle!

Two things that might help you:

1. The Kenneally's service serves the Dunmore Road, Williamstown and Ferrybank. This is the latest timetable that I could find: http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/images/stories/timetable/Waterford-City-Service.pdf

I'm not sure it's fully up to date, for two reasons:
    - I could swear one of the routes north of the river goes to Slieverue
    - Almost any time I've taken the bus to Grantstown (where I live) from the city centre, it has turned right at the hospital, down past Tesco, out to Ballygunner (where it has the terminus) and then down the hill by Riverview and then back in the whole way along the Dunmore Road.

2. The city-centre bit looks all wrong. Sorry I can't help with the actual routes (because I never take them), but what I can tell you is that they avoid all the pedestrian bits which are basically two areas: all of Broad St/George's St/Barronstrand St/John Roberts Square/Blackfriars St, and also the section of Michael St between New St and Alexander St.

Buses that I've seen seem to come down Patrick St and wait at the corner with Broad St, and then head either into Arundel Square to Conduit Lane and the Quay, or else down Lady Lane and Colbeck St.

The other thing is that I've never seen a bus go up Henrietta St, past Christchurch and down Colbeck St, since it's so narrow. All the main traffic just goes around by the end of the Quay and along the Mall.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Victor wrote: »
    Does the 605 continue into the hospital?
    I thought that was the 5C that goes to the hospital. It goes right into the hospital car park and turns around there. Don't think I've ever seen 605 on the bus identification tag though.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

jmcc wrote: »
    I thought that was the 5C that goes to the hospital. It goes right into the hospital car park and turns around there. Don't think I've ever seen 605 on the bus identification tag though.

Regards...jmcc

But haven't they renamed them all on their timetabling thus:

Xc -> 60X (e.g. the 5c is now the 605)?

The fact that you haven't seen it on the bus is more likely down to some individual's laziness (or their ah-shur-tis-grand attitude).

In any event there's only one BÉ route that goes that way and it does terminate within the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

fricatus wrote: »
    But haven't they renamed them all on their timetabling thus:

Xc -> 60X (e.g. the 5c is now the 605)?

The fact that you haven't seen it on the bus is more likely down to some individual's laziness (or their ah-shur-tis-grand attitude).
    Or that it's been a while since I took that bus. :)

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement