Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Scholars closing ?

Options
  • 17-08-2012 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Came across an advert in the Limerick post which said that the license in the scholars was up for tender and that they were looking for someone to take over it. If they can't get someone to take it on will they close and are the current managers leaving ?

Anybody heard anything about this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭getonmyhorse

Came across an advert in the Limerick post which said that the license in the scholars was up for tender and that they were looking for someone to take over it. If they can't get someone to take it on will they close and are the current managers leaving ?

Anybody heard anything about this ?
    Would be the best news UL has had in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Would be the best news UL has had in a long time
    while i dont go their frequently myself from what I've heard the management is A1. Hopefully it wont close, the few times I've been their I enjoyed my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

freyners wrote: »
    while i dont go their frequently myself from what I've heard the management is A1. Hopefully it wont close, the few times I've been their I enjoyed my experience

Yup all them managers and staff are A1 in there. Far better than the stables staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Only place I'd go on campus to see a live band really :/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BlueFlowers

Can someone please post up the article from the Limerick Post? I can't seem to find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Can someone please post up the article from the Limerick Post? I can't seem to find it.

Here:
    217410.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

It said nowhere in that that it was closing though.. Just looking for new management, which they will most likely find.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

You'd have to think they'd find new management fairly easily given it's in such a good location.

Would be a real shame if it closed, but I don't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Hell the current guy might still be running it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

He most likely will be. They'd have to publicly advertise something like that as a formality, but I'd be surprised if I didn't see Corman over the bar in another month or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 spacemunter

Jester252 wrote: »
    Hell the current guy might still be running it

Not for much longer since UL is advertising the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Not for much longer since UL is advertising the position.

His contract to run the Scholars has ran out. So the ad could be out to find a better/cheaper contract

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Jester252 wrote: »
    His contract to run the Scholars has ran out. So the ad could be out to find a better/cheaper contract

Could be that his contract is up for renewal... Advertising this could just be a formality before he's re-accepted due to his previous knowledge in running the place and all other applicants will be formally rejected!

Plausible possibility is all I'm saying here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It's standard practice. I'd be confident that the current management will submit a tender.

Advertisement