Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fúck you China! [Warning Graphic]

• 17-08-2012 8:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Link

Nearly had a small heart attack when I though they were cabs...

DCe07h.jpg

PobCTh.jpg

93EiQh.jpg

Illegal gambling is a huge problem in China, which has caused thousands of gambling machines to be confiscated and destroyed. If you've ever had the urge to destroy an arcade cabinet — like after emptying a pocketful of quarters on Gauntlet — Xinhua has compiled a incredible gallery showing about 1,000 gambling machines being torched by police officers at Renjiagou village of Shunqing District, Nanchong City. Given, these aren't the same machines that fill our souls with retro gaming-nostalgia, but the resemblance is frightening nonetheless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I don't get it. They are gambling machines, fair enough. Nobody gives a hoot about those machines, however, looking at the gallery, there looks to be a stack of Neo MVS cabs in there (correct me if I'm wrong of course), probably carrying Mahjong CP's which is why they were burnt.

Discraceful. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I don't get it.

Read my OP, "I thought they were cabs"

Tallon wrote: »
    Read my OP, "I thought they were cabs"

Yep, I got that bit, most of those are bizarre machines I've never seen before. But there's a couple of cabs in there that look like conversions of perfectly good cabs (ergo, taking out say, the 2L12B CP and chucking in a Mahjong CP)...... either that or I'm totally missing the wording of the article? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's in China, so you can probably rest assured that anything which looks like a standard candy cabinet is in fact a Chinese clone and not the real thing.

Burn the clones!!! :pac:

Yep, I got that bit, most of those are bizarre machines I've never seen before. But there's a couple of cabs in there that look like conversions of perfectly good cabs (ergo, taking out say, the 2L12B CP and chucking in a Mahjong CP)...... either that or I'm totally missing the wording of the article? :confused:
    Yep, I was reading on reddit that they are essentiall chipped / hacked Cabs :(

It's a pity, they all look in such good condition, even as a novelty in a house they would be cool

• Advertisement

Very true. A cab is still a cab. All those CRT's gone to waste too. I'm still disgusted too as I'd love a Sega New Astro Mahjong CP. :(

Ah well, so long as there is no Konami Windy or Sega Aero cabs in there, it's grand. :)

Here's a bit of 'light reading' for Friday by the way [WARNING: GRAPHIC!] :cool:

Master of the Universe

Very true. A cab is still a cab. All those CRT's gone to waste too. I'm still disgusted too as I'd love a Sega New Astro Mahjong CP. :(

Ah well, so long as there is no Konami Windy or Sega Aero cabs in there, it's grand. :)

The New Astro in those pics is probably a Chinese clone though, not a real Astro. Therefore I wouldn't be too concerned.

It is a shame seeing CRT parts going to waste though. Just pretend to yourself that they were all suffering from awful burn in and screen collapse :D

Well if they didn't have burn in before, they do now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Here's a bit of 'light reading' for Friday by the way [WARNING: GRAPHIC!] :cool:

steal-do-want.jpg

• Advertisement

I know. It's a thing of beauty. But the best thing to do is just put a poster of one on your wall and dream. Living with one would be hell if it goes wrong, there's just no parts available for them any more.

All I saw in Japan were Astro's, Blasts and Egrets. Very little else. Never even saw an Aero!

Master of the Universe

Everything in a cabinet is fairly generic though. There's no reason you shouldn't get a Windy.

Worst comes to worst, the monitor fails - same thing you do with any other candy cabinet, source another monitor.

Everything internal can be replaced as easy on another cabinet.

Unless there's some nuclear powered fission unit or something that Windy cabs have which I'm unaware of :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

The horror...

o1s1n wrote: »
    Worst comes to worst, the monitor fails - same thing you do with any other candy cabinet, source another monitor.

Which will happen often, due to the design of the cabinet. :(

It's not the internals that are the issue, it's the externals and finding spares. Not easy to come by at all unfortunately.

Master of the Universe

Unless you're using a couple of cabs as makeshift goalposts or store them out in the rain, then you shouldn't ever need to replace externals once you have it cleaned up - it's only really the electronics we need to be worrying about with these things. And as I was saying, all can be replaced easily thankfully.

I say go for it man, there really is no valid reason not to. Life is too short to not have the cab you really want :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tallon wrote: »

DCe07h.jpg

PobCTh.jpg

93EiQh.jpg

When the north Koreans take this kinda action they staple the players to the cabs before setting them on fire, just to make the point....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    When the north Koreans take this kinda action they staple the players to the cabs before setting them on fire, just to make the point....

We don't use staples, we use agent orange and calippos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

It hurts to see this. Even if they are clones and gambling machines, they are all a quick mod away from being something better.
    Stupid humans :mad:

book-burning-in-the-ussr-and-nazi-germany.gif

Advertisement