If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony STRDH820

Options
  • 17-08-2012 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

{Edited per moderator comment - just to clarify my intention} I'm planning to purchase AV receiver and you have it on stock (according to store website),
    however would you be able to address my question from below, I can't really buy it without confirmation on the receiver capabilities.

I'm looking for a AV receiver and it looks like sony would fit the bill, however I saw that post on amazon according to which sony cant handle input of 1080p@50/60hz

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B0056KDUII/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#RJIYWD292MKA9

I was trying to find something on the sony's website, they don't give much help, though, sony specs (attached - hard to find, BTW, I found it on Sony US web site) lists just a dry note - quote ->
    7 HD Inputs
    Get versatile HD connection options with seven HD inputs. Four HDMI® inputs (up to 1080/24p capable).

I have a lot of recorded TV material which is sent as 1080p50 to my telly so I wonder if someone would be able to clarify that for me. Surely proving this box not being able to handle such input makes it completely useless for htpc, or externally connected freesat boxes.

regards
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@dan.jon,

Hi and welcome to Boards and the Richersounds Forum. As a new user, please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744 entitled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING....".

If you are looking for advice or a quote from Richersounds, then your query is in the right place. On the other hand, if you are looking for advice/opinions from other Boards users, then your query will be moved to the Home Entertainment forums as per the Charter.

Please let me know if you want your query moved.

@All,

Please leave this query for Richersounds to answer, thanks.

Ritz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.