Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dripping at vapefest

Options
  • 17-08-2012 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Seeing as there's going to be so many juices to sample i've decided to treat myself to a new dripping setup before vapefest, any recommendations on what to go for?

Bearing in mind that its only a few weeks away I'd rather just order a nice stock one and have a few days playing with it rather than joining a waiting list for a RDA etc.

I'm thinking along the lines of what PBusardo is using in the video below, but i'm completely confused by all the options for the atty he's using as well as what drip shield and extender to get.

Atty's

Drip Shields

and I haven't a clue about the extender :o

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well do you want a short one or a long one?
    the long one will probably cool the vapour by the time it gets to your mouth so if you want a cooler vape go long, otherwise get the normal sized

those are the only 510 options there that aren't colour/resistance

dont know about drip shields, i'd imagine any 510 one will fit most atomisers but wouldn't be sure about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The Bully RDA from Peleon.pl is really handy, nice size, cheap.
    Looks the same (is it the same? Anyone know?) as the Phoenix RDA that Liberty Flights are overcharging for at the moment (price jump from $15 to £30?).
    E-Si are getting these on their site too, hopefully Monday.
    I doubt the pricing'll be as rapacious as LF. We'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

If i happened to be after jumping on the rebuildable bandwagon what kind of wick is recommended? and is .2 nickle chrome wire what I need for coils?

xandrey over on ukvapers sells good silica wick, hes in ireland too so it's generally next day after he posts it

wire depends on the resistance you're after.. with six wraps of .20 nichrome using 4 strands of 1mm wick I get around 1.4ohm coil. honestly it's kinda a bit low for me but I'm worried that anything under six wraps and I just wouldn't be getting the proper flavour from the juice

six wraps of .15 nichrome gives me around 2.6-3ohm coil which (for me anyway) is too high resistance to be using on an ego twist, which only goes up to 4.8v (4.6v under load)
    best bet would be to get some .20 and .15, see which you prefer

Xandrey's wick on UKV, €8 for 10m

Coil--wise, I prefer .15 nichrome, because I like having my atty around 3.2-3.4 ohms. It's a personal and battery-life-lengthening sweet-spot for me.

• Advertisement

Bollix to my addiction to shiny things anyway!

I was looking on spending 30 or 40 euro on a nice simple dripping setup and what have I gone and done €100 on a rebuildable!

maybe hold off on the rebuildable dripping side until e-smoke ireland gets that one in next week

bargain vapour have a rebuildable tank system atm if you aren't married to the idea of dripping neccesarily and just want to try rebuildables

http://www.bargainvapour.com/Ego_Rebuildable_Atomizer/p1274299_7456409.aspx

some posts about it towards the end of the repairable dripping atomiser thread, some liked it some didn't but at 12 euro.. not exactly a provari sized lump of cash to be parting with

Elbow wrote: »
    Bollix to my addiction to shiny things anyway!

I was looking on spending 30 or 40 euro on a nice simple dripping setup and what have I gone and done €100 on a rebuildable!
    Fuuuuuuuu... What? A Genesis?

maybe hold off on the rebuildable until e-smoke ireland gets that one in next week

bargain vapour have a rebuildable tank system atm if you aren't married to the idea of dripping neccesarily and just want to try rebuildables

http://www.bargainvapour.com/Ego_Rebuildable_Atomizer/p1274299_7456409.aspx

some posts about it towards the end of the repairable dripping atomiser thread, some liked it some didn't but at 12 euro.. not exactly a provari sized lump of cash to be parting with

Too late :o,

i'm now the proud owner of a Mark-T Infinity Atomiser in all its polished glory

I'm just working on an excuse to justify it to myself at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Drippers will be a good idea alright.

I just took delivery of the Ovale Ireland and Ecirettes Soloutions prizes and there's 103 x 10ml bottles of different flavoured Dekang liquids from Ecirrette solutions.
    There are e-liquid flavours there I didn't even bloody know existed like fennel flavour lol..

Theres also 14 x 20ml bottles of e-liquid from Ovale for the juice bar so there will be lots and lots to sample.. Roll on the 15th September....

BVM06l.jpg

• Advertisement

It's... It's beautiful...*sob*

Too late :o,

I'm just working on an excuse to justify it to myself at the moment :D

Can I add you and your very nice Mark-T Infinity Atomiser in all its polished glory to the Vapefest Ireland website rebuildable workshop section and you can show it off to us all on the day?

newmark wrote: »
    Can I add you and your very nice Mark-T Infinity Atomiser in all its polished glory to the Vapefest Ireland website rebuildable workshop section and you can show it off to us all on the day?

I properly wont have a clue what i'm doing with it but by all means add me 2 the list,

i'm thinking that atty would look damn nice on a black mini provari :o

dont feel too bad, i've had my rda since march and I still ahve days where I dont have a clue what i'm doing :/

Great stuff Elbow can I add you and the RDA as well Digby while I'm at it? I just want to have a nice selection up on it and have an idea of how many different rebuildables that will be there for people to see on the day.

yeah, im sure someone will have an rda anyway if I don't make it and you can shame them into showing it off

if I don't make it

We'll have none of that kind of talk around here sir!

We'll have none of that kind of talk around here sir!

Yea if we have to kidnap you, hood you and throw you in the boot of a car we will to get you there. There can be no Vapefest without Sir Dual Coil Cartomiser in attendance :D

i'm reasonably sure i'll be able to make it but i'm moving atm so deposit/rent/internet/etc/etc/etc all have to be dealt with in the next week or two so it is kinda up in the air

i'll know closer to the date anyway :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'll be there with an RDA as well. I'll also have an RTA, but I havent got it working quite right yet, so I was kinda hoping someone else would have one and be able to give a few tips :)

• Advertisement

post it over to me, I'll play with it for a few weeks and tell you what I figured out at vapefest :p

If I don't get it working soon I might just do that :)

stevenmu wrote: »
    I'll be there with an RDA as well. I'll also have an RTA, but I havent got it working quite right yet, so I was kinda hoping someone else would have one and be able to give a few tips :)

Is it ok if I add you to the list on the website stevenmu?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

Will there be rda's available @ vapefest by vendor's ? and will they be set up when you buy them ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

There's quite a few rda's on the market now....ESI are gonna be selling the Phoenix dripper, and I'm pretty sure that's gonna come ready to vape...not a bad price too by all accounts.

newmark wrote: »
    Is it ok if I add you to the list on the website stevenmu?

Yep, stick me in there.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Yep, stick me in there.

Great stuff :)

Advertisement