Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand.de RMA/Return.

Options
  • 17-08-2012 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Bought a reference gtx 670 about a month and the noise is driving me crazy. Emailed Hardwareversand on the off chance that I might be able to RMA/Return it and swap it for a card with an aftermarket cooler. They emailed me back saying i've to cover the initial cost of postage so where do I go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Use the RMA thingy on their webpage. It will give you a label to print out, apply this to your box and get free postage. This is what it was like for me... Dunno why they are telling you to pay.

edit: Ah, it's because your product is not faulty. Use the normal RMA procedure anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

srsly78 wrote: »
    Use the RMA thingy on their webpage. It will give you a label to print out, apply this to your box and get free postage. This is what it was like for me... Dunno why they are telling you to pay.

edit: Ah, it's because your product is not faulty. Use the normal RMA procedure anyway.

Will they actually replace it or will they just say "no it's working perfectly" and I'll be waiting for about 2-3 weeks for the round trip.

No idea. Get agreement first via email, not via phone I would say.

No idea. Get agreement first via email, not via phone I would say.

O ok. Not the end of the world I guess if it doesn't work out. Can always just get a vga cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm in the process of RMA with my motherboard, it said something about if the cost of return postage is over €40 you have to pay.

I don't see how I'll get free postage on the thing I printed off their website. It certainly looks like I'll have to pay to have it sent back.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm in the process of RMA with my motherboard, it said something about if the cost of return postage is over €40 you have to pay.

I don't see how I'll get free postage on the thing I printed off their website. It certainly looks like I'll have to pay to have it sent back.

From my limited understanding of it. I think if they can't find anything wrong with it you're left to pay for postage. If they find something wrong with it you'll get the cost of postage back (i think).

When I RMAd stuff the webpage gave me a Deutsche Post label to print, this was how I got free postage. Was just for a small SSD tho.

When I RMAd stuff the webpage gave me a Deutsche Post label to print, this was how I got free postage. Was just for a small SSD tho.

Ye, might just get a vga cooler instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Sarz91 wrote: »
    From my limited understanding of it. I think if they can't find anything wrong with it you're left to pay for postage. If they find something wrong with it you'll get the cost of postage back (i think).
    It's a known issue with the board and there's a recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

the rma will be covered for postage by them if the item is OVER €40.

I've dealt with them quite a few times at this stage for rma's (I've bought thousands of Euro worth of stuff, so its not like they sell bad quality or anything) and I find the easiest way is by phone. they'll set it up with UPS and email you the postage details. you then call UPS and tell them you want the item collected, giving said info.

shove it in a box with a copy of the receipt, and the UPS man will have the stickers printed off, so you don't have to do any work, or pay a cent.

this is for standard rmas though. returning something cause its loud is chancing your arm. they lose a lot of money cause they can't sell it new again. I dunno though, sounds like they're playing ball so fair enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement