Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband cutting out when phone rings

• 17-08-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

We've been having this issue for the past few months now. Every time the phone rings, our eircom broadband cuts out. There are DSL filters in all the right places, we never had this issue for the first two years, and nothing has changed in our setup since. I've rang eircom many times but they've been absolutely useless. There's also a crackle on our phone line from time to time. I've tried different filters but no joy. Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

you will have to keep after eircom ,it sounds like a line fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

same situation here when I was with eircom, turned out to be a line fault.
    call them again, make a fault report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

We've been having this issue for the past few months now. Every time the phone rings, our eircom broadband cuts out. There are DSL filters in all the right places, we never had this issue for the first two years, and nothing has changed in our setup since. I've rang eircom many times but they've been absolutely useless. There's also a crackle on our phone line from time to time. I've tried different filters but no joy. Any ideas??

Get after eircom it sure does sound like a line fault...

One thing I've found out is that you don't complain about your broadband you make a complaint about the quality of voice (crackles) and don't even mention broadband. They can ignore broadband faults but cannot ignore voice faults.

Not sure if it's still the same but it probably is.

Advertisement