Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vocal booth / soundproof room for rent periodically?

• 17-08-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi lads

I wonder if anyone frequenting studios is aware of something like this? I had a share in a rehearsal room up to now which was monthly and cheap where I could noodle, make noise and more importantly record VOX. That's gone now.

I need somewhere soundproof the odd time to record VOX.

Obviously paying rehearsal rooms for an evening is an option. But doing that twice a month would already be more expensive than what I paid for triple/quadruple that amount of time in the old place. In fairness, I had it good.

I don't need equipment, I don't need anything except a soundproof room, however small for a few hours every so often, would hope to drop not more than €30.

If anyone has suggestions it would be great. I don't want to look at the monthly option again unless it was a sublet for a day or two from a band or something.

I'll put up a post in the bands and musicians forum as well to see if anyone renting a place might spare a day or 2 a month.

I've also thought of soundproofing a section of my folks garden shed but there's a bit of outlay there too obviously.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Why don't you ask a few studios for a decent rate for a couple of hours now and again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

i suppose because i can't imagine it being cheap enough. any studios are more than welcome to prove me wrong.

like i could get a rehearsal room for 4 hours for €40 (so it would have to be cheaper than that for starters) and just lash in and do my own thing.

but even doing that 3/4 times a month starts stacking up. i need something very cheap and for that i'm expecting a very basic set-up, which is grand since i'd be bringing my own gear.

Advertisement