Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend books for a 5 year old boy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Go with Iron man; boys will always love stories like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Nody wrote: »
    Go with Iron man; boys will always love stories like that.
    Thanks for the reply. I talked to my sister about it yesterday evening and she said that her son only read Iron Man recently. He's a few years older and probably advanced for his years. Will the five year old be a little young for it?

EDIT: I've read the excerpts on Amazon and it seems like a good read. I might give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Get a couple of those recommended but I would also throw in something like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Story-Little-Mole-Knew-Business/dp/1856021017

About the little mole who wants to find the animal that pooped on his head!! Very funny - a 5 year old will love it believe me!! He will think you are the coolest uncle ever!! (your sis might not appreciate it though lol)

Thanks for the recommendations I think I will pick those two up on lunch.

I tried Easons and Chapters and both were sold out. Had to buy Horrid Henry set instead. Hope it works out, will exchange them otherwise. Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

I think you struck it lucky there. Can't beat Horrid Henry for that age group. Iron Man is I also feel a bit advanced for a five year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Horrid Henry was a favourite in our house too, so good choice. Hope he enjoys. :D

Advertisement