Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical pregnancy?

Options
  • 17-08-2012 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi not sure if I shd post here or in tcc where I've been lurking but not posted yet, hope someone can maybe ease my mind although I know I just need to sit it out:(
    We are currently trying for our 2nd. Got preg last time our first month trying, came as a but of a shock but we were thrilled nonetheless...
    So I did a preg test two days ago and got a positive 'Pregnant 1-2' result, great I hear you say, but my period is due tomorrow and I have the unmistakable PMT headache at the moment and I am worried sick now that I might just have a chemical pregnancy and may even have had one last month... (heavier than usual sorry TMI!) I have never taken a preg test before a missed period and think now I really shouldn't have if I'm about to get it tomorrow I'll be devastated....
    Anyway I guess I'm asking if anyone has had these chemical pregnancies, after how many should you see doc and or if any of you can remember the very early stages of pregnancy if a blinding headache of the PMT variety was a symptom? I can't rememebr my symptoms this early last time as i hadn't done the test until my period was well overdue...Sorry for long post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Looks like no one has has these, but not to worry so far so good, overdue and very clear positive result today. Fingers crossed I cd be joining April club soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Hey Chuchu

You sound like me when I first got my positive, convinced I was getting my period down to the back ache I always get. That lasted for a week or two and think it's quite normal! I did about 7 tests in that time to make sure I was still pregnant!!

I am 7 weeks this week so hopefully will be seeing you on the April thread very soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Aww chuchu...I missed your post, but never had a chemical pregnancy anyway so wouldn't have been much help.

Congratulations! Must have been a stressful few days, but delighted its going okay xx

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Ah thanks guys... Still too anxious and crampy to get excited but have everything crossed. Have told himself and no one else so it seems so unreal! My little 3 yr old is well ready for a little mate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Chuchu wrote: »
    Ah thanks guys... Still too anxious and crampy to get excited but have everything crossed. Have told himself and no one else so it seems so unreal! My little 3 yr old is well ready for a little mate :D

Haahaa that's brilliant! The early days are the longest aren't they. So exciting and nerve racking at the same time. Will be great telling the eldest!

• Advertisement
Advertisement