Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best advice you got from boards?

• 17-08-2012 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

Alot of people post problems and look for advice here on boards, so what was the best bit of advice you got from the forum?

Besides blasting somebody in the face with a certain bodily fluid, the best advice i've recieved was from the property forum advising me to steer clear of rent to buy schemes, probably saved me alot of money and heartache!

So what was your best advice you have taken from boards?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

don't use veet for men on your nether regions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

If you get a pm from hardonraging....you ignore!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

If you see a hole in a public toilet wall never look in it, if anything comes through said hole from the other side hit it with your handbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

pc7 wrote: »
    If you see a hole in a public toilet wall never look in it, if anything comes through said hole from the other side hit it with your handbag.

boards had to tell you that? :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

davet82 wrote: »
    boards had to tell you that? :pac:

After spending time in AH I've realised I've lived a sheltered life, when I opened the 'Glory Hole' thread that was the last thing I expected. All hail AH it could have been an unhappy ending!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Not really advice, but I found a nice dress for my sister!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Just because a man doesn't have hair around his lips doesn't mean he isn't a cunt.

you tried the dress on, didnt you? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Was it too sexy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

anncoates wrote: »
    Just because a man doesn't have hair around his lips doesn't mean he isn't a cunt.

I have no idea what that means. It's a triple negative.

I learned not to buy an Alfa. And to ignore the opinions of cyclists who wear Lycra.

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    I have no idea what that means.

i thought i was the only one, i was gonna thank it just in case :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

somebody said to enjoy life and to have fun in a thread yesterday, so I did and I took a dump in the urinal in work this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Always wash you hands after using deep Heat.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

but boards is a much better and less hurting place to get others boardsies reactions than, the street, person to person.
    I don't feel such a fool.
    Take my experience with meteor broadband. Let's just say I got negative replies in the thread in question.
    Actually, used the same meteor broadband stick to play Skyrim via Steam in HDMI on my big Samsung telly last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Measure twice, cut once.

You can't push a rope.

Actually, I kinda knew this already, just like any other good engineer :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

syndeyfife wrote: »
    If you get a pm from hardonraging....you ignore!!

Ahh now !!!!

Boards never gave me any dacent advice, however Robert Frost did ..

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Got balls to ask girl out.
    Failed but still did it! (without the precious alcohol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Probably some from the Flutt about bowel movements and post-op clean up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I got stung by a jellyfish once, AH sorted me out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Don't buy an apartment in 2008:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement