Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Brom V Liverpool - Saturday 18th August 3:00pm

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well I was surprised by that result to be honest. I really thought it would be close with Pool coming out top. Though they kept possession well there just wasnt enough of a goal threat and then the sending off changed the game completely.

I think Liverpool will be in for another tough season - They just dont have any match winners as in someone who can produce that little bit of magic - Suarez maybe but he has shown once again he's not a goal scorer. I still fail to see exactly what makes Lucas world class though perhaps the rest of the season will prove me wrong.

Just over a week left Liverpool should really get themselves a striker though I feel Rodgers will have to ship a few before he can spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

1st Match thread of the season and nearly 650 posts. We really see which team has the best supporters :D

tbf, for the first match thread of the season 650 posts is on the low side, but I wouldnt hold that against WBA fans. They are still up there with some of the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

1st Match thread of the season and nearly 650 posts. We really see which team has the best supporters :D

What has that got to do with the "best" supporters exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Shane Long? Most definitely not a Liverpool player.

Long was nowhere near the best WBA player on the pitch and was very average for sustained spells. Mulumbu was very impressive for them though, and he acted as a shield for their back four as well as getting involved in winning the ball higher up the pitch. He gave a really strong account of himself yesterday and looks to be picking up where he left off last season. From the first whistle to the last, he looked determined to ensure that his team was not going to be the one that finished the game empty handed.

Allen did not let Liverpool down yesterday though. I get the impression that a lot of the Liverpool supporters that were posting yesterday thought that because he was not an obvious attacking threat that he was not playing well. The guy has never been an obvious attacking threat afaik, and his game (especially last season) is about recycling the ball quickly and finding his own teammates with the ball nine times out of ten. He showed signs yesterday of being capable of being a metronome type player for us.

He won't be a big goal getter or an assist machine but he will keep the team ticking over and I can see him becoming the player that allows the defenders an immediate outlet and who will gain the attackers that extra second or two with his quick reading of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Shame the actual team on the pitch couldnt match up eh? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Shame the actual team on the pitch couldnt match up eh? :p

The team hit about 650 posts last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

By the looks of the up coming fixtures, Liverpool could be in the bottom three for a few months to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Re the penalties......
    One of the best things about euro 12 was the raising of the threshold for penalties, allowing incidental contact and not rewarding falling over dramatically on every occasion. It is worrying that on the first day of the new EPL one of the more experienced officials reverts to last seasons default....basketball is more physical ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Just watched MoTD highlights this morning. Hansen called both incidents as penalties and the red card as correct. Personally I thought the contact for the first pen started outside the box but hard to see that in real time. The 2nd penalty was all Skrtel, painfully slow in clearing the ball. Long nipped in front of him. Doesn't matter that Skrtel didn't see him/didn't mean it. Red card for Agger was correct, I mean why push him in the back at all :confused: tried to be cute, didn't work out. Would someone claim, ah shure it was only a small push ? Its not like a clash at a corner kick where both players go for the ball. Theres nothing legitimate you could claim Agger was doing to justify it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

jenno86 wrote: »
    The team hit about 650 posts last year.

brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Kess73 wrote: »
    Allen did not let Liverpool down yesterday though.
    He could end up becoming the new Lucas with people not recognizing how good he is. I saw a lot to be positive about with his performance.

Advertisement