Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a PS3?

Options
  • 17-08-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hello where could i buy a new playstation atleast Slim 160GB seen gamestop and its 240 which is way too dear.. where would the cheapest playstations to buy if you were in my shoes that are in warranty or new?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

XenonHD70 wrote: »
    Hello where could i buy a new playstation atleast Slim 160GB seen gamestop and its 240 which is way too dear.. where would the cheapest playstations to buy if you were in my shoes that are in warranty or new?

So how much are willing to spend on this, a PS3 is not going to be much cheaper than 240. You might get a good deal on adverts but it'll be second hand and won't have much of a warranty (If any)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭XenonHD70

Kenno90 wrote: »
    So how much are willing to spend on this, a PS3 is not going to be much cheaper than 240. You might get a good deal on adverts but it'll be second hand and won't have much of a warranty (If any)
    Like anyone, cheap as possible. atleast 160gb slim console only.. anything additional is a bonus thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - for what you are getting 240 is a really great price. Not sure if I would take the risk of getting one 2nd hand - too much could go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Taltos wrote: »
    OP - for what you are getting 240 is a really great price. Not sure if I would take the risk of getting one 2nd hand - too much could go wrong.

I second that. The fact you're getting a full, valid warranty is not to be sniffed at.

If the price is putting you off, wait until you can afford to get one brand new. You can run into many dangers in the 2nd hand market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Schorpio

HMV were the cheapest b&m shop a few months ago, but I haven't checked since. Definitely worth checking out anyway OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭XenonHD70

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I second that. The fact you're getting a full, valid warranty is not to be sniffed at.

If the price is putting you off, wait until you can afford to get one brand new. You can run into many dangers in the 2nd hand market.
    Schorpio wrote: »
    HMV were the cheapest b&m shop a few months ago, but I haven't checked since. Definitely worth checking out anyway OP.
    Taltos wrote: »

Ok guys , This is the deal there is an 160gb ps3 slim for 240 and my aunt works there and can get 10% and sometimes 20% discount which means i can get one for 218 or 192 in tesco , would they have warranty? or there is a preowned 120gb ps3 with battlefield 3 for 210 , but the still could have full warranty on preowned consoles and maybe they make sure there fully mint condition

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

XenonHD70 wrote: »
    Ok guys , This is the deal there is an 160gb ps3 slim for 240 and my aunt works there and can get 10% and sometimes 20% discount which means i can get one for 218 or 192 in tesco , would they have warranty? or there is a preowned 120gb ps3 with battlefield 3 for 210 , but the still could have full warranty on preowned consoles and maybe they make sure there fully mint condition

If your aunt is buying a new console, it will have a full warranty.

I believe pre-owned consoles only have a three month warranty, open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Schorpio

€192 strikes me as a good deal (if your aunt can get the 20%). The warranty will almost certainly be longer, and you'll get the peace of mind that your console has never been opened. Normally I'm all for secondhand consoles, but just not with the latest generation.

Advertisement