Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor customer service - I need answers!

Options
  • 17-08-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi there,

Firstly, I am at home with my old O2 dongle plugged into my PC to get any internet access!!! I have had to revert back to this (02 is disconnected at the end of the month) as I need to voice my upset at eircom customer service terrible broadband.

I contacted your sales dept early in July for a home phone and internet package. I was offered a package for €40 p.m. for a phone and 8mb broadband. I thought that was perfect and I needed it in a hurry and I had no interest in shopping around. I needed it now!! I waited over two weeks for a line connection to be put in. I then had to contact eircom to say that the line was in and I needed the phone that I had ordered as it had not arrived. The girl said that there was no history of a phone on order. There was! This arrived pretty quick to be fair...but I had to ask twice.

It took another two weeks for broadband to arrive aswell as my modem etc. I connected this up (Aug 2/3/4 ish) and worked away. I thought it was slow to be honest. I became frustrated with it. I was unable to play you tube music whilst on another page. No music would play and page would crach. This is a brand new PC by the way with O2 dongle working perfectly as we speak. Remember I needed all this in a hurry!!!

I did a speed test on the internet as reccomended by a friend. It came back 3mb download, 1mb upload. This is when it clicked with me that this is not what I ordered. I ordered and was sold 8mb broadband.

I immediatly called 1901 (waited/wasted a few minutes as usual). I spoke to a girl (Holly) who explained that I had a starter bundle or something and that it would be €5 p.m. extra for faster broadband. I was shocked and disgusted that she tried to upsell me!! I did not get what I ordered!!! If I wanted slow ass broadband I would use dial up....it would be quicker than the crap I have now!

I was rightly peed off by now so I rang back again to cancel my account as I did not recieve what I ordered or was mis sold. I need fast broadband. I was also told I could get this music hub and other benefits. How am I supposed to this when I can't even access basic email!

Anyways, I chose "cancel account". I got through to a very unprofessional lady. Everything seemed to be my fault and every time I spoke she spoke over me and kept speaking. This infuriated me! She put me on hold without asking and when she came back about two minutes later she didn't even check was I still there and transferred me, again without asking was this ok. So rude! I wish I had her name as I would report her. I spoke to a lady called Heather who turned out to be in complaints dept. She didn't know why I would have been transferred to her but she tried to deal with my problem (staff don't communicate with customers). To cut a long story short, I now have to wait 5-10 working days to hear back about what I was sold as you have to listen to the original sales call. I cannot wait this long for you to sort your mess up out whilst you still expect to take a DD in a few days.

Eircom, contact me today please.

Very confused and disappointed customer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

ks652 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Firstly, I am at home with my old O2 dongle plugged into my PC to get any internet access!!! I have had to revert back to this (02 is disconnected at the end of the month) as I need to voice my upset at eircom customer service terrible broadband.

I contacted your sales dept early in July for a home phone and internet package. I was offered a package for €40 p.m. for a phone and 8mb broadband. I thought that was perfect and I needed it in a hurry and I had no interest in shopping around. I needed it now!! I waited over two weeks for a line connection to be put in. I then had to contact eircom to say that the line was in and I needed the phone that I had ordered as it had not arrived. The girl said that there was no history of a phone on order. There was! This arrived pretty quick to be fair...but I had to ask twice.

It took another two weeks for broadband to arrive aswell as my modem etc. I connected this up (Aug 2/3/4 ish) and worked away. I thought it was slow to be honest. I became frustrated with it. I was unable to play you tube music whilst on another page. No music would play and page would crach. This is a brand new PC by the way with O2 dongle working perfectly as we speak. Remember I needed all this in a hurry!!!

I did a speed test on the internet as reccomended by a friend. It came back 3mb download, 1mb upload. This is when it clicked with me that this is not what I ordered. I ordered and was sold 8mb broadband.

I immediatly called 1901 (waited/wasted a few minutes as usual). I spoke to a girl (Holly) who explained that I had a starter bundle or something and that it would be €5 p.m. extra for faster broadband. I was shocked and disgusted that she tried to upsell me!! I did not get what I ordered!!! If I wanted slow ass broadband I would use dial up....it would be quicker than the crap I have now!

I was rightly peed off by now so I rang back again to cancel my account as I did not recieve what I ordered or was mis sold. I need fast broadband. I was also told I could get this music hub and other benefits. How am I supposed to this when I can't even access basic email!

Anyways, I chose "cancel account". I got through to a very unprofessional lady. Everything seemed to be my fault and every time I spoke she spoke over me and kept speaking. This infuriated me! She put me on hold without asking and when she came back about two minutes later she didn't even check was I still there and transferred me, again without asking was this ok. So rude! I wish I had her name as I would report her. I spoke to a lady called Heather who turned out to be in complaints dept. She didn't know why I would have been transferred to her but she tried to deal with my problem (staff don't communicate with customers). To cut a long story short, I now have to wait 5-10 working days to hear back about what I was sold as you have to listen to the original sales call. I cannot wait this long for you to sort your mess up out whilst you still expect to take a DD in a few days.

Eircom, contact me today please.

Very confused and disappointed customer

Hi ks652,

Thanks for your post and appreciate what you have said. If you PM your Account number I will check this.

Best Wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ks652

Hi Ant,

We recieved a call from Eircom today. My wife answered. They asked were we happy with the Eircom service. My wife replied that we were not and that we were waiting for them to listen to our calls. Can this issue be dealt with promptly and stop wasting both Eircoms and OUR time please.

Hi ks652,

I see we tried to connect the telephone line electronically on the 02/07/12 It seems that the order is what we call a "failed electronic enablement". One in ever 20 connections where the line should be place can fail due to a fault on the line between the exchange and the address.

We have a record of a call on the 22/07/12 and the agent sent a request to have an engineer call out to complete the connection manually.

The called your mobile numerous times to try arrange a specific appointment but stated they "could not get a response".

If I can arrange a call out as soon as possible would you look into staying with eircom?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I sent you a private message to try and make sense of what you are saying to me. Please respond ASAP. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Mark,

I sent you a private message to try and make sense of what you are saying to me. Please respond ASAP. Thank you.

Hi ks652,

Thanks for taking my call, sorry about the mix up. I will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I have just PM'd you about another issue with my account.

Please get back to me ASAP

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Mark,

I have just PM'd you about another issue with my account.

Please get back to me ASAP

Thanks

Hi ks652

I checked it out and PM you back. if you have any follow up queries let me know.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement