Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't swing a car without hitting a bear....

• 17-08-2012 12:44pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭

"Norwegian driver hits bear after trying to avoid moose

A Norwegian driver who tried to avoid crashing into a moose hit a bear instead, a wildlife official said. The accident took place on Wednesday night on a rural road 225km (140 miles) north of Oslo, in Hedmark county.
    While the driver escaped uninjured, a search party was tracking the bear after finding traces of blood, local wildlife official Svein Erik Bjorke told the Reuters news agency.
    Norway is home to around 100,000 moose and 150 brown bears.
    The driver spotted the moose around midnight near Hanestad village and tried to steer around the animal, when a bear suddenly ran in front of his car.
    "The driver had lost a bit of speed as she tried to avoid the moose before hitting the bear," Mr Bjorke told Reuters.
    "We are currently tracking the bear and we have found traces of blood indicating internal injuries."
    The driver's car sustained some damage in the accident. The moose managed to flee the scene unharmed. "

They found the moose from the previous accident :D:

Drunk Swedish elk found in tree

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Its a slow news day when we get reports about car crashes in Norway! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

'WTF? Another Drunken elk?!'

Apparantly not -article title 8 September 2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

What are the odds of that happening with only 150 brown bears in the entire country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭lau1247

What are the odds of that happening with only 150 brown bears in the entire country?

bear was chasing the moose I'd reckon :D

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Poor injured animal. I can't bear thinking about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

antodeco wrote: »
    Poor injured animal. I can't bear thinking about it
    Ah I dunno, I think it's rather a-moose-ing.

Advertisement