Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get Broadband?

Options
  • 17-08-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, last night I checked eircom.net to see if broadband was available on out line and after I put in our number I was taken to this page: https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow?execution=e3s1

Brilliant I taught because I didn't think in a million years it would be available but then when I contacted 1901 this morning they said it wasn't available after I said we were not with Eircom but I did mention before we would consider switching back if we could get broadband.

Is it possible that it is only available to current Eircom customers on the same exchange? Could an Eircom representative confirm this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi, last night I checked eircom.net to see if broadband was available on out line and after I put in our number I was taken to this page: https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow?execution=e3s1

Brilliant I taught because I didn't think in a million years it would be available but then when I contacted 1901 this morning they said it wasn't available after I said we were not with Eircom but I did mention before we would consider switching back if we could get broadband.

Is it possible that it is only available to current Eircom customers on the same exchange? Could an Eircom representative confirm this?

Thanks

Thanks THEIRISHBADGER,

Can you PM your home phone number or address and I will look into your query.

Best Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Thanks

Thanks THEIRISHBADGER,

Can you PM your home phone number or address and I will look into your query.

Best Regards,
    Ant

It's more likely that the Exchange that you are serviced by is not enabled for broadband and that switching back to Eircom will not make a difference. Ant should be able to confirm that Eircom has abandoned broadband rollout in Ireland. Do you by any chance know the name of Exchange that you are serviced by?

Advertisement