Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I do now?

• 17-08-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have only one choice I want on my CAO but am 15 point short for it (440).
    I am afraid if I resit the leaving I wont do as well. I am going to appeal 3 exams but the appeal results are not out until mid October, what happens if I need to repeat or if I do get enough for my course then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭stall_the_ball

What is the course? There may be other ways around it. Also I remember hearing about a list of vacant places from the CAO when other courses have been filled, maybe thats a possibility for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I have only one choice I want on my CAO but am 15 point short for it (440).
    I am afraid if I resit the leaving I wont do as well. I am going to appeal 3 exams but the appeal results are not out until mid October, what happens if I need to repeat or if I do get enough for my course then?

Wait until Monday and see what happens. The points for your course may drop. If they don't obviously you won't receive any offer on Monday. You can apply to view your scripts in the meantime. View them before you decide to get them recorrected, there may be no grounds for appeal.

If it so happened that you got upgraded and had enough points for the course you would be offered a place. If not then you have to make the decision to repeat/go working/do a PLC course/ re-apply to CAO next year with your results from this year/ make an application to the CAO for a place on courses advertised with vacant places - but to be honest these are few and far between and usually in courses which had very few applicants in the first place so may not be something that interests you.

Advertisement