Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutbacks this bad?

Options
  • 17-08-2012 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

My partner needed to print a mini statement for her account today. Went to our branch in Ballyfermot to be informed that the machine is not working because they only have a little bit of paper & they cannot use it for mini statements & to visit another branch.

Asked to speak with the manager & the employee advised that the manager also said the paper can't be used for mini statements

The attitude in the branch was basically tough s**t & if we need one to go on a 20 minute drive each way to Newlands Cross!

What branch has no bloody paper?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi rev2.0,

Thanks for your post.

Apologies your partner was unable to access this service in the branch and hope she has since been able to access a mini-statement.

We will contact the branch to raise this issue. If you would like the manager to make contact with you or your partner about this, please pm us with your name and phone number.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

rev2.0 wrote: »
    The attitude in the branch was basically tough s**t & if we need one to go on a 20 minute drive each way to Newlands Cross!QUOTE]

Tara, Far be it from me to become cranky on OP's behalf but I sense you will investigate the shortage of paper until some sort of reasonable excuse is offered and ignore the "attitude" displayed by the staff.
    Again, apologies if I sound harsh - you do respond promptly to customer complaints - but I sense you are treating wounds instead of disarming the sniper. The REAL cause of these incidents is banks ingrained and decades-old contempt of the customer, and until you can educate every employee that the customer (or maybe taxpayer(?)) keeps you in business (take corrective action to eliminate this contempt and monitor conformance) you will continue to apply band-aids on a range of these local issues.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have never ONCE received a good service from that branch! I was withdrawing €15,000 a while back (I gave them a weeks notice!) and they told me I would have to come back in the afternoon, as they dont have cash like that hanging around. When I explained to them that I had given a time and date I would be in at, they just basically said that if I want the money, I need to come back later or my notification for cash withdrawl would have to be re-applied for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi antodeco.

Apologies if our procedure had not been fully explained to you, prior to your visit to the branch.

I understand you had advised the branch of your intention to collect the funds, however, funds of this amount are only available after a specific time throughout the day. This is for security reasons, which you should have been made aware of.

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. As always we appreciate your feedback.

Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Laura/BOI Reps,

Rather than create a new thread i'll stick this in here. A friend of mine used my laser card to pay college fee's this week & was paying the money into my account today.

All went ok until the girl at the desk told him its not possible to put a narrative on a cash lodgement? Please don't tell me that in this day and age, BOI are not able to put a narrative on a transaction??

Or has this same branch went out of their way to be as unhelpful as always?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi rev2.0,

At the moment some branches do have the facility to put narratives on cash lodgements.

Customers can make payments through Banking 365 which will still allow customers to input a narrative.

Thank you for your feedback and it has been passed on regarding this issue

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement