Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Vodafone Mobile Broadband Speed in Mullingar. anyone experiancing it

Options
  • 17-08-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Am on Bill pay with vodafone mobile broadband and am having very slow download speeds of around 0.08MPHS in the last two weeks. am living in Lakepoint mullingar area.
    my orginal broadband stick works fine in other area such as longford and Dublin. Have been on to their tech support and advise me to change the sim card and even have a new stick to no avail.

Just wanting to know is there anyone else on Vodafone mobile broadband that is experiencing slow download speeds in mullingar esp in the Lakepoint park area..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

My mobile BB with Vfone was so slow that I ended up getting Meteor BB while still under contract to Vfone. This was a few months ago, previously the speeds were ok but week after week it just got worse. There may be too many customers on the service. I used to get a ping of approx. 70 but that went out to approx. 160.
    I live a few miles the Dublin side of Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 drafter

well after multiple phone calls to their tech support which is based in india(A nightmare to get thru at times) which they were trying to blame my laptop that is the problem even tho there is two laptops in the house one on windows xp and the other on vista, both works fine with their broadband stick in Dublin and longford.

Finally after I said to the tech support there must be a problem with vodafone mast in the area only then they bothered to ring Dublin to discover that there is a few reports logged with a fault in one of the masks in the area and that engineers are looking into it.

Surely if a fault is showing with any mask in the country that tech support have software in place to detect which mask is showing a fault.

yet Im paying a monthly Bill for a slow service thats is at the speed of Dial up at best.
    I will be calling customer care for a refund for these months of poor service.

I would advise anyone else who has a vodafone mobile broadband with a very slow speed that has been encountered in the last few weeks to ring vodafone tech support and customer care to report the fault. The more people who report this problem the quicker they should look into it and get it fixed..... I hope..

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

I've had the same problem at times, but I live a few miles outside town. It happens a lot when school holidays start, I reckon youngsters have been given mobile BB dongles for their internet, even using it on their phone will have the same effect.

when the school holidays hit, they're all on the internet the whole time. The problem with mobile BB is that if there are a lot of people using the service from a mast, the people closer to the mast get the better service and those further away get cut off or get a slower service.

Although in Lakepoint you're quite close to a Vodafone mast, so it could be something different, but also there's probably a lot of youngsters around the area too.

Other than continually reporting your problems with the service to vodafone (they might give areduction on the bill), you can get antennae which add-on to your dongle which give a better reception (I had to do this cos I'm so far out).

I've found the vodafone online support forum http://forum.vodafone.ie/
    and the talk to forum guys here on boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270 more helpful than the phone support people

Long post but I hope it helps, I've had all the problems in the past, but now I get around 5MB/s out in the sticks....

Advertisement