Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies - I need your help!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Also tell her it could be worse. You could be randomly fingering her in her sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im the same, i drive my wife mental with snoring. i had a feed of guinness and whiskey last night and kept the whole street awake with my snoring.

invest in some body armour op because i have bruises all over my back and arms from the digs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

phasers wrote: »
    you have 2 choices.

1. Sleep on the couch

2. Don't drink when you go out

Since you apparently can't do either of these, you're fcuked

Not literally, of course. Can't imagine Snorer O'Snorenassy has what one would describe a thriving sex life. Possible issues with impotence too, what with his weight problem and constant drinking. These disputes often run much deeper and can lead to years of resentment. This is a marriage doomed to failure. OP, you probably should not have gotten married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

Kolido wrote: »
    Thinly veiled I have many friends tread :rolleyes:

How's about thinly veiled, go fcuk yourself, man, I hate that expression. It's the new blast them with piss, cool story bro etc etc. Please introduce an infraction for every time it's used. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Culleeo wrote: »
    How's about thinly veiled, go fcuk yourself, man, I hate that expression. It's the new blast them with piss, cool story bro etc etc. Please introduce an infraction for every time it's used. That is all.
    ^^^
    *Thinly veiled back-seat modding*

...and yes, I realise the irony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Give me her number, i'll sort her out for ye .. she'll sleep through any amount of snoring after i'm finished ...

I don't think the use of rohypnol should be part of the solution for the OP's wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I went to Skibberine 2 years ago and there were no B+Bs available the only acc I could get was a hostel in a dorm of about 10 germans,

Anyway went to the pub with my mate and there was a lock in so I staggered back to the hostel at about 3 in the morning.

The next morning suffering while drinking tea in the communal area one of the Germans said, "You snore really loudly you kept us up all night, and I said "yeah I heard that I thought that was one of you's" a chorus of them, in German accents "no it was definitely you" my joke went right over their heads.

Being the considerate type I went out again the next night and staggered back and threw myself on the bunk,, then I woke up with me on my mattress in the communal area freezing, fecken krauts, (not really they were actually a great bit of craic).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Just buy her earplugs and make up for it by not drinking a drop once your friend leaves. You will hardly have to entertain her mate by drinking all week when she's here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Oh yeah, and I find it HILARIOUS that you bought her a teddy to 'make it up to her'. Can you not at least be honest and admit you bought her a teddy for yourself?

Actually I am thinking the silky teddy kind, not the furry teddy. I do hope you didn't buy a grown woman a stuffed fabric toy though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

RATM wrote: »
    I don't think the use of rohypnol should be part of the solution for the OP's wife

Rohypnol ... **** that Brah !!! you want them to remember !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

[-0-] wrote: »
    July 7th was not 10 days ago, unless someone used a time traveling device on me today should be August 17th. :)

Regarding the weight loss suggestions, my bodyfat % is around 19% which isn't TOO bad as it was 25% when I was at my worst. I bought a gym membership about a month ago for both of us and and I'm also paying for a personal trainer for both of us too so we go to the gym regularly now and we're both losing weight. Both of us want to be at around 8% bodyfat.

I have been to the doctor regarding the sleep apnea, and I ordered one of those machines but it won't be here for another 6 weeks. Nice to see lots of you making wrong assumptions about me/us. You're not a cynical or critical bunch at all. :pac:

I wasn't making assumptions with the weight question. I was trying to help. :(

Just for that, I hope she takes a pillow to you when you're snoring like a bear with a sinus problem, ye ungrateful git. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BrieAnna

The best option is to sleep in the spare room the nights you have a drink. Marriage is all about compromise.
    As a gesture you could not drink while her friend is staying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

In cases like this I find it's best to stay out drinking until she would be getting up. That way she can get a good nights sleep and you can hit the bed once you get home. Win-Win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Ahahahahaha you asked After Hours for help ahahahahaha.

That couch suggestion seems to be pretty solid though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

kaza2710 wrote: »
    You do alot FOR the girl?! She is your wife for crying out loud, your partner in live. Using this stuff as an 'oh look at me arent I so good to the girl' angle is a joke. If I were her I would have you sleeping on the sofa, and not for your snoring, more for your lack of respect.

Lucky for him, you are not her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement