Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router no IP address???

Options
  • 17-08-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm aware that this question has been asked before and after many thread searches I still can't suss out my problem so I'm looking here for help.

I cannot connect to the internet through my wireless router anymore. My laptop(Mac) tells me my router has no IP address and cannot connect to the internet. I then select my own wireless network, enter password and it say connection timed out and I'm back to square 1. DHCP is enabled and I have re-set everything to no avail.

Advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It would help if you supplied more information.

Who is your isp?

What equipment are you using? modem - router etc?

Do you make any recent changes to settings in the router/modem? upgrade firmware etc etc

Are you definitely connected to the net?

Have you tried a wired connection?

Can your mac connect through other wireless networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

dub45 wrote: »
    It would help if you supplied more information.

Who is your isp?
    Excuse my ignorance but what's isp? I'm guessing Internet service provider?. If so I'm with UPC.

What equipment are you using? modem - router etc?
    I have a UPC modem and a belkin router.

Do you make any recent changes to settings in the router/modem? upgrade firmware etc etc
    No didn't change anything it just stopped connection the other day.

Are you definitely connected to the net?
    Yeah definitely connected and wired connection works no problem.

Have you tried a wired connection?

Can your mac connect through other wireless networks?
    I tested my laptop today in my parents house and it connected to their wifi straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Ant11 wrote: »
    I tested my laptop today in my parents house and it connected to their wifi straight away.

What about all the other questions? If you don't know, it's probably best to call your ISP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

roast wrote: »
    Ant11 wrote: »

What about all the other questions? If you don't know, it's probably best to call your ISP.

I answered them. Their under the questions above.

It probably wasn't clear though coz I couldn't bold them on my phone.

Advertisement