Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not enough points.

• 17-08-2012 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭

Well, I didn't get enough points for my first choice on the CAO. I'm not particularly saddened by this as there are other ways of getting to college.

My plan is to do a PLC course in laboratory science in St. Kevin's College and then go to third level next year.

I am just wondering whether, when the time comes, can I apply to college next year using my Leaving Cert points or do I have to go on to a college that St. Kevin's is linked with? St. Kevin's is linked with DIT but I don't want to go there. I want to go to Cork Institute of technology. Next year can I apply to the CAO using my leaving cert points?

Also, if I receive a grant this year while doing the PLC course, can I apply for the grant next year again when I'm in a third level course?

All answers greatly appreciated.

Advertisement