Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N24 Tipperary Road Diversion from 20th August

• 17-08-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up for anyone who travels from Limerick to Tipp Town (and vice-versa) that there will be a diversion from 20th August to 27th August because of the bridge works at Oola. Traffic will be taken via Cappamore and Doon, so you had better allow plenty of extra time for your journey!

Oh, and while you're thinking about the inconvenience, please spare a thought for those of us who live in Cappamore/Doon - it ain't going to be a picnic for us either :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Mollywolly wrote: »
    Oh, and while you're thinking about the inconvenience, please spare a thought for those of us who live in Cappamore/Doon - it ain't going to be a picnic for us either :p

I always spare a thought for people who have to live in Cappamore/Doon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I always spare a thought for people who have to live in Cappamore/Doon

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

N24, not N20!

N24, not N20!

Oops!

:o Only been driving up and down that road for 15 years, so you'd think I'd know by now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mollywolly wrote: »
    Oops!

:o Only been driving up and down that road for 15 years, so you'd think I'd know by now!

Click edit and then advanced edit, you can change the thread title using that.

Anyway, I have been reading that sign on the Motorway recently and this morning I said to "herself" that it will cause so much mayhem out there. I still cannot understand how they can still be doing roadworks in Oola mind you. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

BB, thanks for the tip on editing - job done!

I don't understand why they're still working in Oola either, but the thought of hundreds of cars going past my front window every day terrifies me...just crossing the road is going to be a challenge :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Is there another route rather than going by Cappamore/Doon and then to Dundrom and going back to Tipp. I have to work in Tipp Town on Tuesday. My brother was telling me to take a right just before Oola and then go by Cullen and take a left and this then brings you back to Monard. Anyone know if this is a more viable route as well to help those of us who want to avoid Cappmore/Doon (no disrespect to Doon/Cappamore) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

angeleyes wrote: »
    Is there another route rather than going by Cappamore/Doon and then to Dundrom and going back to Tipp. I have to work in Tipp Town on Tuesday. My brother was telling me to take a right just before Oola and then go by Cullen and take a left and this then brings you back to Monard. Anyone know if this is a more viable route as well to help those of us who want to avoid Cappmore/Doon (no disrespect to Doon/Cappamore) :D

Yes, You can quiet easily detour by Monard and you come out by the pub in Olla, Take a right at Monard before Twomey's Garage and take the first left at Solohead War Memorial and continue till you take the next left and that's a twisty but quick road to Olla.

Just keep the speed down as lots of kids be out on those roads.

charlemont wrote: »
    Yes, You can quiet easily detour by Monard and you come out by the pub in Olla, Take a right at Monard before Twomey's Garage and take the first left at Solohead War Memorial and continue till you take the next left and that's a twisty but quick road to Olla.

Just keep the speed down as lots of kids be out on those roads.

Thanks for that charlemont, but if I was driving from the Pallasgreen side, would I take a left then at the pub in Oola - is that the corner pub on the left? and so then I would keep going right and that would bring me back to the Solohead War Memorial and then right onto the road by Twoomy's Garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

angeleyes wrote: »
    Thanks for that charlemont, but if I was driving from the Pallasgreen side, would I take a left then at the pub in Oola - is that the corner pub on the left? and so then I would keep going right and that would bring me back to the Solohead War Memorial and then right onto the road by Twoomy's Garage.

Well, At Olla, Turn left at Hogan's pub and continue on your right, A Kilometer or two down you come to a fork in the road and stay right, From there on then its a few K towards Solohead..

It will be much quicker than the official detour but as I said keep it slow as the the surface isn't the best and it can be a busy road anyway.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for those directions charlemont - your a star!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mavv

I saw an info today on M7 saying that N24 at Oola will be closed from 20th - 27th of August.
    Do you guys know about any diversion at Oola? I'll be driving throught on Thursday - any big delays expected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are diversions through Cappamore and Doon. I'd allow youself plenty of time, they are regional roads so not the best.

As I see on googlemaps - N24 from Limerick, left turn to R505 to Cappamore/Doon, than Clashacrony and right turn to R497 to Tipp town? Is it that diversion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Thx, how could I miss that thread! :eek:

Advertisement