Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Crazy finish to the game!

The defense came up big late on and in OT so there are some good signs for this year even though that was a ravens team without its top 3 RBs leaving Lamar Jackson to carry the load.

Worrying to see us lose a good few players to injury. McCoy is gone for the season as well as Good on the OL and Mariota is out with a quad injury and Ngakoue/Jacobs are already banged up.

Tough game away to the Steelers next. They had a good win in buffalo last week and will be on a high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Good battle to start anyway. Defense are showing up a lot more than I thought they would, or could

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Boom!great result

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Great win last night. Carr is having a fantastic season so far and has flourished despite an O-line in Transition and no Josh Jacobs. The Defense is looking much better under Bradley so far. The signs are good for a competitive season. Having said that, its going to be some job getting out of the division. AFC West is suddenly ultra competitive again!

Well it wasn’t pretty at times last night but finally pulled it out of the bag.

great to see both Bryan Edwards and Henry Ruggs getting some key catches in the game and Carr is starting to really spread the ball around. Defense is solid but gave up some big penalties at key times - Maxx Crosby is a standout performer on the line but needs to be careful with some of his late hits on QBs.

we got some big plays from Peyton Barber to close the game out but would love to see josh Jacobs back soon - our offense will be better for it.

• Advertisement

So I got up early last night to watch the match - didnt help that it was delayed by 50 minutes due to lightning!!! Anyways we stank offensively in the first half, it was really hard to watch. The O-line is really shaky and the LA Front Seven set up camp in our backfield. Our Defense held itself up well but yet again, we dug ourselves into a hole and this was one occasion where a comeback was not possible. We really need to improve against Chicago next Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Every team has bad weeks, just chalk it down to that. I expect you'll be back to your best next week.

offense is really not firing at the moment. Hopefully they can figure it out this week and get a win to steady the ship.

Well I didn’t think that the loss to the bears would be the least of our worries this week.

Well at least we can get past the "Is Carr good enough to play for Gruden" discussion now!!!!!

• Advertisement

There's absolutely no way of knowing how we are going to perform this Sunday. I just hope the players go out and make a game of it...

Missed the game last night but watched the highlights. Much improved this year on the pass defense and the offense finally got going. Hard to tell if they were that good or the broncos were not at it. I dont care either way - it was a good win against a division rival and gets up back to level with the chargers.

I agree Kev. It was really heartening watching the game unfold. The Defense played really well last night and it was great to see. Like you, I dont care about whether the Broncos were bad or we were good, its good to be back challenging for the division. The Chiefs may well end up winning the division but it wont be as easy this season. I'm looking forward to seeing how next Sunday goes, given that the new management will have proper time to sit down and pull things together. I'm interested in seeing how different the game plan will be. I see MD is seething over the leaked e-mails. He believes the Raiders were victims of a "hit job". This is in no way any attempt by me to defend Gruden. He deserves to go. But there is something strange in that over 650,000 mails were searched and Gruden was the only person culpable.

Most likely Gruden was the most high profile name in the mails and from what I have read I am not surprised that they were leaked - someone definitely made some big money with letting that out.

i don’t think it was going to end any other way than him going - the nfl is a business and those comments hit them hard where they are trying to get more fans engaged. They were crude, ill thought out and he will regret them in the long term now that his career is effectively over in the nfl.

I also do think If he was still at espn he would have been sacked. Gruden will probably get a big payoff so I don’t feel too sorry for him at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gruden will do a course in racial, homosexual and all other type of relations. He'll then spend time talking to groups of kids and less well off people about how important it is to get along and treat people with respect and then he'll be welcomed back with open arms and praised for all the good work he has done since his mistakes.

That's what money buys you and he has plenty.

It appears Mark Davis isn't happy about how all this transpired and believes the leaks came from the NFL head office and that Goodell may have been behind it.

There could be sparks flying at the next owners meeting. Davis is generally pretty quiet at those meetings.

I don't buy into the narrative that the league have it in for the Raiders, but in this case if the mails were derogatory towards Goodell as they seem to be that would certainly be an incentive for him to screw over Gruden. Mark Davies may start to be more vocal at the owners meetings but my sense is that he does not have any real support among the rest of the owners - especially after the way the LA relocation deal went down.

Good to chalk up a win - and also another good week for the defense in getting after the QB against an admittedly bad team but you can only play what's in front of you. Derek Carr has found some rhythm again which is great to see. I still am not sure how good or bad this team will be this year. Good time to have a bye week - hopefully we get Darren Waller back for the next stretch of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Prediction looking on track, great start to the season. I really don't want to see our normal mid-to-late season crumble, but I'm concerned that if we really have simplified the offense, teams are going to get up to speed on what we're doing and slow us down. Carr playing really well, and if we keep improving on the ground in the rush game, perhaps a playoff place is on the cards? Helps lots that KC seem to be falling apart, and I never factored that into my prediction :)

Henry Ruggs III was cut post a car crash which resulted in a fatality. Looks like he will be charged with a DUI. Terrible situation and so sad to see someone die because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,343 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

He is the most hated guy in Vegas right now. Drove 156mph while drunk and a poor woman and her dog got burnt alive. What a scumbag. He's been charged with a lot more than just DUI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And as if the raiders hadn’t a bad enough week. Damon Annette is being sued for a car crash last year in which he caused “bodily harm” to another motorist while speeding and he’s alleged to have left the scene. And there’s video of him waving a gun around threatening people which has now come to light. I feel sorry for Mike mayock.

After all that went down last week not a huge surprise that we lost to the Giants - the leadership in the locker room will be sorely tested this season.

So I couldnt sleep on Sunday night (well I did initially then for some reason woke up about 3:10am) and so got up to see how the match was going.......well I got to see the Chiefs play. Cause we didnt. Aw, it was like watching us at the end of last season. The Defense was worn down and was a non-factor. We coldnt get going on offense at all (The DJax reception/interception was farcical, he actually caught the ball then allowed it to be knocked away from him). Terrible game. Having said that, with the month the organisation has had, its no surprise. No other team has probably had to face the month we have had, with Gruden going and then the Ruggs/Arnette scenarios. I really do feel for the players and the organisation.

i do feel for the players and coaches - they are right in the middle of controversy from players and a HC no longer with the team.

the only way forward is for them to stay together - big onus on the senior players to keep everyone focussed on the rest of the season.

Exactly Kev. Definitely a mark of how strong the team is as an organisation, but this should never have had to happen to them. We're not out of the race yet, but we really do need to blow the Bengals off the park on Sunday night

Absolutely - we need a confidence booster going into the second half of the season. Hopefully DeSean Jackson had some good practice time with Derek Carr this week and they can help open up the passing game a bit

After watching that game unfold on Sunday night I can see that this team is going to struggle badly down the stretch. The defense are clearly feeling the pressure knowing they are not getting any help from a depleted and confidence lacking offense.

There were 3 massive 3rd downs in the first half that we gave up very poor 15 yard penalties to give life to the Bengals.

Our run game is not functioning with either Kenyan Drake or Josh Jacobs who is for some reason now being used as a pass catcher and this is making it easy for teams to double team Darren Waller or Hunter Renfrow. The O-line needs further improvement after the off season of waives and trades.

I am struggling to see even 3 more wins on the schedule after last week (Washington/Denver and maybe Cleveland) and at this point I would not be at all surprised to see us finish 6-11 and bottom of the division. I really hope I am way off but I has seen this car crash too many times...

yep totally saw that coming ….

We are nothing if not interesting. Now can we build on it against Washington?

• Advertisement

Would be great if Darren Waller can get back but honestly no clue if he can play with the knee injury.

Washington had a good win against the seahawks last night and their defense is coming along really well lately. I expect it to go down to the wire but predictions in the NFL this year are like reading tea leaves with the way the some results have gone

Advertisement