Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rousey v Kaufman on TV here?

• 17-08-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Looked all over the web, Eurosport are not carrying it and Primetime don't seem to be either.

Anybody have any idea if it's being shown on tv over here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I was trying to find info on it myself.
    Doesn't seem to be on anywhere on tv in UK or Ireland.
    I'm sure there are other ways to find it though. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Are strikeforce events ever shown live over here? Off the top of my head, I can't remember any recent ones

Are strikeforce events ever shown live over here? Off the top of my head, I can't remember any recent ones

Yeah, Primetime had the contract for Strikeforce. I'm not sure if that's still the case though. They charged a ppv for each event or you could by a tournament for a special price.
    I really wish they'd just give the rights for it to ESPN or something. Tbh I don't think Zuffa really care all that much about Strikeforce. They're too busy promoting the UFC money making machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Primetime had the contract before Zuffa took over Strikeforce.

Don't expect it to be on TV here anytime soon. We wanted Zuffa to give us the WEC on TV and they never gave it to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

There's no legit way of watching it online is there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

It's an absolute shame that nobody has picked up Strikeforce. It has some very decent events.

rain on wrote: »
    There's no legit way of watching it online is there?

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You'd even think UFC would throw it up on UFC.tv for people over here to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Some fcukin war between Tate & Kensie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Tate is one tough biatch. And takes a kick too the head like a boss :pac::cool:

• Advertisement

I think OSP just killed him O_O

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hide the Rum

Apparently the heavyweight champ is looking for a link hahaha, say for instance if someone like myself was looking for one... am I for teh ban? Since there's no way of watching it here, and not that I'm asking.

6 steams just cut out on me :(

Another arm for Rouseys mantle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Never saw her fight before, really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

That was Paul Harris-esque, bundled her onto the floor, grabbed an arm immediately and just didn't let it go.

Some people say she's a one trick pony but ya have to admit, she does that one trick very very well! Once she gets a hold of an arm, that's it, fight over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Kaufman fought like she drilled nothing but armbar defense for this fight, and it still wasn't enough. Right now, it looks like the only way to beat Rousey is by flash KO or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

Obviously her intent is to go straight for that armbar so she better be very wary of taking hits whilst doing it. Meisha Tate caught her with some really good shots and Kaufman managed a few. Pretty much all her opponents are aware of her intent and drill takedown defence until the cows come home but now they might attempt to take advantage of her lack of care for her defence whilst trying to get her opponent against the cage. As someone said above she may be considered a one trick pony but damn does she do it well. If she can avoid taking damaging shots whilst doing it then she's not gonna have any challengers any time soon. Bring on the juiced up he/she that is Cyborg!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Wow. I have to say, I felt so sorry for Kaufman after the fight. She seemed absolutely broken-up about it, and I can understand why - Ronda just wiped the floor with her. Very impressive win.

Wow. I have to say, I felt so sorry for Kaufman after the fight. She seemed absolutely broken-up about it, and I can understand why - Ronda just wiped the floor with her. Very impressive win.

Never mind Rousey wiping the floor, you should see what Jacare did to Brunson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Id like to see how someone like Kyra Gracie would fair against Ronda.

A decent breakdown of the Rousey armbar. This one is done by Eddie Bravo and Alan Belcher.

Advertisement