Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help-child's passport

• 17-08-2012 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi all. Not sure if I'm posting in the right forum but in a situation here. I've just found out today that my partner has booked flights for my child and I to visit him abroad at end of the month as a surprise. My child had a passport but he didn't realise it was out of date (I knew but didn't expect we'd be going anywhere this summer). Now I'm stuck, we're unmarried, he has joint guardianship of our child and he's abroad so can't sign the passport application.I've been ringing the passport office since 3 but can't get through, they're closed now. It's the weekend, I'd need to get forms off asap if I want to get the passport back with the express 10 days. Is there a solution? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,521 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have your partner go to the nearest Irish embassy or consulate and get him to sign the form there. Have him courier the form to you, complete it and send it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

I believe the passport office might be 10 days behind in processing applications via passport express which means 20 days for delivery. I would suggest when you get the forms call to the passport office, they can issue an emergency passport for an additional cost of course. €50 extra I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

keano007 wrote: »
    I believe the passport office might be 10 days behind in processing applications via passport express which means 20 days for delivery. I would suggest when you get the forms call to the passport office, they can issue an emergency passport for an additional cost of course. €50 extra I think.

The problem is not just time, but more importantly the child's father is not in the state, I have seen passport office issue passport in a day but they can't if the other guardian has not signed the form.

OP the best bet is as stated above have your partner call to local embassy with ID etc get form and sign it in front of official and courier form back to you. Then call in person to passport office with proof of travel etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

keano007 wrote: »

keano007 sorry to hijack this thread but just wondering where you got the information about the 10 day delays.. Mine still hasn't been returned today is day 11 and I am traveling in 10 days time... It's not possible to get through to the phone number as they have an automated message saying we are busy please call later!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I applied on sat for little miss Carawaystick on passport express told it was 15 working days, as a point of reference

the OH needs to contact the nearest embassy or consulate(by phone at least) to find out how to get the consent confirmed

Advertisement