Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can animals really have premonitions re weather events?

Options
  • 17-08-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Was walking home from town today, and it's very muggy and warm. There are clouds rising on the horizon, and it feels like one of those moments when a thunderstorm is imminent. I noticed that the birds were particularly clamorous, congregating in larger numbers than I would have noticed recently, and generally making an awful racket. This got me to thinking about the storie one hears about animals fleeing before storms, and birds anticipating the same. I always thought they were apocryphal, but then I'm a bit of a cynic in general. So I thought I'd turn to the to good denizens of the weather forum to inform me- can animals "forecast" the weather?

<insert jokes about birds predicting the weather on RTE here> :D
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement