Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic

Options
  • 17-08-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

So I'm tippin' up to the glory of Electric Picnic so does anyone have any advice on how to get there from Waterford?

Bus Eirinn specials and that jazz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

So I'm tippin' up to the glory of Electric Picnic so does anyone have any advice on how to get there from Waterford?

Bus Eirinn specials and that jazz?

There has never been special buses from Waterford with Bus Eireann. Rapid Express used to do them but I don't think they've done it for a few years, might be worth giving them a call though to see if they're doing one this year. The Waterford / Athlone bus used to go through Stradbally but that was cancelled about a year or two ago.

I reckon your best bet is try on the Forum of the Electric Picnic website or see if there's an EP carpool page on Facebook. As usual the public transport options in this country are ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

worst case scenario, bus to Carlow and hitch the last bit. I reckon you'd have no problem snagging a lift from Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

johnnykilo wrote: »
    There has never been special buses from Waterford with Bus Eireann. Rapid Express used to do them but I don't think they've done it for a few years, might be worth giving them a call though to see if they're doing one this year. The Waterford / Athlone bus used to go through Stradbally but that was cancelled about a year or two ago.

I reckon your best bet is try on the Forum of the Electric Picnic website or see if there's an EP carpool page on Facebook. As usual the public transport options in this country are ****e!
    The Waterford - Athlone bus still stops in Stradbally about a 10 minute walk from the campsite.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202290389-73.pdf

Bus Eireann don't seem to be running any "specials" but from what I can remember, the tickets aren't that expensive anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

AdMMM wrote: »
    The Waterford - Athlone bus still stops in Stradbally about a 10 minute walk from the campsite.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202290389-73.pdf

Bus Eireann don't seem to be running any "specials" but from what I can remember, the tickets aren't that expensive anyway.

Are you sure that bus is still running and that's not an old timetable? It's not listed on the Bus Eireann site anymore: http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=246

I'm pretty sure it was axed in the last round of timetable cutbacks because I used to work in Athlone 2 or 3 years ago and used to have to get that godforsaken bus up and down every weekend. Pretty sure it was stopped about 6 months after I finished up working there.

Edit: Actually just checked on the Bus Eireann Journey planner and according to that the route is still active. Anyway OP best to check with Bus Eireann directly if that route is still running. If it is, Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Cheers people.
    Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement