Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germans allow their army to be deployed on the streets if needed!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

peasant wrote: »
    All credit to conspiracy theories, spiraling grain prices, the collapsing Euro and the eternal German yearning for world domination ....

...but that's not what this is about :D

Soon after 9/11 the question was raised if it could be put into law that the German airforce would be allowed to shoot down hijacked civilian planes in a similar situation.

This question was decided negatively by the first stage of the German constitional court who ruled that the German military may not be deployed under weapons (in any form) on German soil. (The ruling is a mile long and in legalese German, so this is the tl/dr version :D)

The federal states of Hessen and Bayern challenged that ruling as they had (their own) laws that allowed deployment of the army (under waepons) in specific cases.

The higher chamber of the constitutional court has now ruled that the army can indeed be deployed under weapons in cases of extreme crisis (but not against protesters) but that shooting down planes still isn't on.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/verfassungsgericht-karlsruhe-billigt-militaerischen-einsatz-im-inland-11858874.html

As they couldn't decide on specific guidelines and kept it all a bit wishy-washy, I would expect that this isn't the final ruling on this matter as any new law regulating the deployment of the army will surely be challenged again.

TL/DR:
    No, the Germans are not going to invade any time soon
    Ah for god sake Peasant, feck off with your common sense and informed opinions. We want an invasion, sauerkraut and sausages and better cars. FFS!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

German troops to be on Irish streets in 15 years.
    Of course by then you and I won't care but our kids will be getting used to being punched up by Otto and Gunther.

Ask a kid today if he ever bought a CD. You'll be met with a blank stare. Ask a kid under the age of 25 if he ever got on a plane without taking his shoes off....blank stare.

And so it goes.

Get old gracefully and die, rememberers of freedom. Let the next generation accept their lot. Fcuk 'em.

Judging by how my son performs on Call Of Duty against Nazi Zombies they don't stand a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Colmustard wrote: »
    They are not what they use to be. I read an account about a post they were guarding that came under rocket fire, so they abandoned it.

You sure that was the germans? Sounds a bit french to me.

Advertisement