Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Irish Times Fantasy Football Thread..

• 17-08-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Thought i would start a seperate thread for this game and hope their is enough interest in it to keep it alive.
    As you can only use 2 players from any one club makes picking your team a bit trickier don't you think.

The transfer policy that allows you to make a transfer after the game week has started adds a new dimension ....see below

Transfers can be made at any time, but must be completed before the scheduled kick-off time of the incoming player's next match, in order to score points from that match. This means it is possible to make changes between matches. When you make a transfer you must stay within the £55m budget, pick no more than two players from any one club and use either a 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-5-1 or a 5-3-2 formation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Hoover wrote: »
    Thought i would start a seperate thread for this game and hope their is enough interest in it to keep it alive.
    As you can only use 2 players from any one club makes picking your team a bit trickier don't you think.

The transfer policy that allows you to make a transfer after the game week has started adds a new dimension ....see below

Transfers can be made at any time, but must be completed before the scheduled kick-off time of the incoming player's next match, in order to score points from that match. This means it is possible to make changes between matches. When you make a transfer you must stay within the £55m budget, pick no more than two players from any one club and use either a 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-5-1 or a 5-3-2 formation

Just regard the transfer policy can you make transfers tomorrow after the 3pm matches start or must you wait until Tuesday midnight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

During Euro 2012, you could swap players up until moments before kick-off and keep the old players scores, meaning in this you could have a striker play in the 12:30 game, get his points, then replace him with a striker playing at 3pm and get his points too.

I made a league for us last week. About 20 entrants so far. I'll allow new entrants for a few more days.

Link: http://irishtimes.fantasyleague.com
    League Name: Boards.ie FSA
    Code/PIN: 4787

Anyone have any idea why the scoring hasn't updated?

Scores updated. I'm on 53, but the buggers never game be the points for Tevez. I brought him in a good 5 minutes before kick-off. They say that's enough in the rules, but it's obviously not. Be warned.

Edit: Actually, just noticed I drew a blank for Sigurdsson also, who I brought in long before kick-off. Looks like they don't give you any scores from people you bring in, which goes against what the rules say and how they did it in Euro2012. Curious.

carlcon wrote: »
    Scores updated. I'm on 53, but the buggers never game be the points for Tevez. I brought him in a good 5 minutes before kick-off. They say that's enough in the rules, but it's obviously not. Be warned.

Edit: Actually, just noticed I drew a blank for Sigurdsson also, who I brought in long before kick-off. Looks like they don't give you any scores from people you bring in, which goes against what the rules say and how they did it in Euro2012. Curious.

Yeah I am in the same position. No points awarded for players I brought in before the kick off times nor did I get the points for the players I transferred out. That was my understanding of the rules as you said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭generalbison

Strange. I only had a chance to look at transfers last night, so brought in another ManU & Everton player each, and Michu for next week.

Hopefully i get points for players playing tonight that i brought in

Strange. I only had a chance to look at transfers last night, so brought in another ManU & Everton player each, and Michu for next week.

Hopefully i get points for players playing tonight that i brought in

They seem to have updated it now. I got points for my players transferred in and out.

Yup, I contacted them last night about it and they got back to me this morning. They simply had updating issues. All is well now.

Up to 60 points, top of Boards, and 13th overall (I have no idea how many are playing overall, but it's a decent start, unlike my FPL team!)

Going to wait it out now for the United line-up, since I've one transfer left. Already have Ferdinand, and don't think I can afford a striker. Pretty sure I'm relying on Kagawa starting to be able to afford a MF, but I guess I could also being in the cheapest defender who starts too.

Yup, I contacted them last night about it and they got back to me this morning. They simply had updating issues. All is well now.

Up to 60 points, top of Boards, and 13th overall (I have no idea how many are playing overall, but it's a decent start, unlike my FPL team!)

Going to wait it out now for the United line-up, since I've one transfer left. Already have Ferdinand, and don't think I can afford a striker. Pretty sure I'm relying on Kagawa starting to be able to afford a MF, but I guess I could also being in the cheapest defender who starts too.

I am doing a little better as well in this league compared to the FPL team. I wonder what was the best team name!

Found a team with 1 point, they were ranked about 7000th, so probably not much more than that, say 7000-8000 players right now.

So 13th is a damn fine effort to start

• Advertisement

I managed to miss the news that Ferdinand was out, so I'm stuck with him in the team since I just used my final swap to bring in Kagawa. Fingers crossed for some of his magic.

During Euro 2012, you could swap players up until moments before kick-off and keep the old players scores, meaning in this you could have a striker play in the 12:30 game, get his points, then replace him with a striker playing at 3pm and get his points too.

I made a league for us last week. About 20 entrants so far. I'll allow new entrants for a few more days.

Link: http://irishtimes.fantasyleague.com
    League Name: Boards.ie FSA
    Code/PIN: 4787

Just a reminder about this. I've been letting more join this week, but I'll probably close up soonish, so get your teams in before it's too late.

Even if you missed the first week, you can still join in. 37 more weeks to catch up is more than enough! And that's just for people who haven't made a team yet. If you have a team made, but just haven't joined the league, your full score will be counted.

Missed the football this evening. Just came home to captain Torres, Pogrebnyak, and Ivanovich finishing off my week with 85 points, putting me in 12th place overall.

Also a mile ahead of everyone playing in the USA. :D

71 and 2nd in boards league thanks to captain Hazard :D

I only wish I had gone with Hazard instead of Mata in FPL too :mad:

How have they still not updated the points from yesterday's games :mad:

Pathetically slow in this day and age

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hoover

Have to agree,The updating really needs to improve still not updated at 18.30 sunday evening.:mad:

Hoover wrote: »
    Have to agree,The updating really needs to improve still not updated at 18.30 sunday evening.:mad:
    Still nothing at 8pm :mad:

The stupid thing is, I looked at the player list yesterday evening, and it had updated all the player's scores for saturday's games. But these scores havent been processed into people's actual teams

Sort it out IT, it's really diminishing the experience of your game

Finally updated at 8pm EST (1am Irish time).

54 for the week gives me a total of 139, putting me in 7th position overall, 11 points off the top. I want to say "in the world", but I'd probably be exaggerating the reach of this game. Can't imagine too many outside of Ireland playing.

I joined the USA league when signing up, and am currently leading that by 27 points. All in all a very promising start, with 13 goals, 3 assists, and 4 clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Very nice start carlcon. Im in 2nd in boards league behind you, and 45th i think, so happy enough with that. Captained hazard both weeks (wish i had bought him in fpl too), which has been the main source of my points.

Unfortunately bought Terry on Wednesday for 2 games. He got a 0, then was injured for the weekend, and of course misses this coming weekend. Doheth

Picked RVP as captain woo hoo :cool: :D

Was dismayed when he missed the penalty, but he made up for it and there's no negative points i can see for missing a pen in this game :)

• Advertisement

Hoping captain Tevez, RVP, Michu, Carzola, and Ben Arfa will be enough to keep me in the overall top 10.

Although I suspect I'll struggle with plenty bound to have captained RVP instead of Tevez.

Game updated. 62 for the week, 201 in total. Still in 7th overall! 12 points off the leader.

Game updated. 62 for the week, 201 in total. Still in 7th overall! 12 points off the leader.
    Nice. 59 for me, even with RVP captain, puts me up to 33rd

A solid start, but my captaincy choices have been perfect so far. Very competitive at the top, and those captain choices are keeping me afloat

Just wondering if it will be possible to make tranfers during this game week or do we have to wait until next game week.

I have 3 transfers available on the site now

I also made RVP captain in this game, and hes on the bench. I think its the only game where I took that risk :(

I missed the kick-offs because of time difference, so never got a chance to pick another captain. I probably would have picked Torres anyway, so not much harm done.

Despite not having the chance to move the captaincy from RVP when he wasn't in the starting line-up, my pre-game transfers have been pretty decent since. First brought in Fletcher for Torres, then brought in Defoe for Fletcher today. Hope I can replicate it with a good Everton player tomorrow.

I missed the kick-offs because of time difference, so never got a chance to pick another captain. I probably would have picked Torres anyway, so not much harm done.

You wouldnt have been able to change it anyway due to the game at 12:45pm
    Once that game kicked off, your captain was locked in, and the team news that he was on the bench didnt surface until about 2pm

What can you do, these things happen. Have 2 everton players already, 1 transfer left, so may as well take a gamble on a newcastle player too to try make up some ground after a bad week

Ha, I'm getting complacent now. Never used my final transfer before today's game. Fingers crossed Jalavic provides nothing, since that's who I would have went for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Totally forgot I had a team in this. Seems a bit rubbish tbh...

On 118 points, guessing I'm way back.

I only scored 41 this week, but that was enough to send me up the ranks to #5 in the world. 39 from beglee keeps him right up in the mix too in the top 40, so fair play. Hopefully at least one of us can keep it up over the season.

Hazard (C) not exactly helping this week DOH! And cant transfer him out to get a forward now for tomorrows games, so can only get in one of Ba & Defoe. Which to choose hmmm...

Got some clean sheets today though, so thats something at least.

A clean sheet for Ivanovic is all I have to offer today. RVP as captain needs to come through tomorrow.

Then hopefully I pick the right players from Newcastle and Spurs tomorrow.

Lots of players getting something for me this weekend, just picked the wrong captain. Hopefully will move up a few positions when the points update happens though :D

This week was my best so far, 64 pts scored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Captained Suarez (yeah jammy I know!) for my father in laws team. 80 points for the week takes him up to 2nd overall and 1st for month of September. Happy days:):):)

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Captained Suarez (yeah jammy I know!) for my father in laws team.
    Managing more than one team eh?

An okay week for me there with 43, but lost a couple of spots down to 51st overall. My 2 mid-round transfers to get Suarez and Bale for the sunday games went bust unfortunately.

2 week break now to recuperate before the next round :D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

beglee wrote: »
    Managing more than one team eh?

An okay week for me there with 43, but lost a couple of spots down to 51st overall. My 2 mid-round transfers to get Suarez and Bale for the sunday games went bust unfortunately.

2 week break now to recuperate before the next round :D

You're a mile off the mark but no worries, more like the technological assistant.;)

Just wondering if anyone on here, have won any of the monthly or local league prizes in this competition, or how you are even doing in it?

I've been just inside the top 100 in this game for what seems like forever. But I cant seem to move up the rankings at all. Constantly stuck in low 80s, high 90s positions. I am winning the boards league however :D

It doesnt help that I keep selecting useless captains mind you.

I guess this week it was because of the wildcard, so everyone had 2 liverpool players yesterday, who scored well. If not for the wildcard, perhaps I may have gained some ground.

Hoover, I believe I'm 14th in the Dublin North league. Dunno what prizes are for local leagues. However, I'd probably have to be in the top 3 overall to have a shot at top of Dublin North as some of the top teams are in it.

• Advertisement

Scrapped my way up to 70th overall, but it hasn't been easy, and absolutely miles behind points-wise of the front runners. Not sure if I missed some edge or something to be that far behind.

Should still win the boards league at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Marty09

Finished just inside top 100 in the overall league..found it a bit unclear trying to workout when Game Weeks start and finish especially when mid-week fixtures are on.
    A bit different from the PL official version for sure.

Advertisement