Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel - best way mayo to scotland?

Options
  • 17-08-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all

I'm living in westport and want to go see the family in inverness for a week in the start of october. Any advice on the best way to travel?

Have looked around at airlines etc, but can't seem to find a do-able journey. No flights from knock, flights from dublin to edinburgh at 10am, which means i have to stay overnight in dublin the night before and travel from edinburgh to inverness.

It's almost like taking a trip to oz!

Any thoughts on quickest way to make the journey?

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you can get someone to drop you off theres a bus that goes from Ballina to Dublin airport that leaves at 1am, you could make the 10am flight then. You can get on the bus in Swinford which would be a bit handier from Westport.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

According to this, you CAN fly from Knock..............

http://www.flybe.com/cam/executeFlightSearchCriteria.action

• Registered Users Posts: 37 davesneddon

No flights in October, unfortunately:mad:

At the moment I think the 10am flight from dublin is the only option, wish there was a better option though. Might just get a holiday inn near the airport, don't fancy an overnight trip from swinford!

thanks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭joey12

yup you can get to Edinburgh from knock with flybe its 3 times a week. I've taken it a few times, can be a little pricey but when the flight is on your doorstep why go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I think there's flights out of galway to scotland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭joey12

Nothing outta galway these days I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I had a look at the Flybe.com website and it shows Knock-Edinburgh, it can be via Manchester depending on the day/time but it allowed me to pick dates in October.

And if I couldn't find a flight from Knock I'd try Shannon before Dublin.

Advertisement