Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two black cats in need of a new home

• 17-08-2012 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I normally would not post anything like this on Boards, but I am hard up against a time limit, I haven't found anyone interested in several weeks of canvassing elsewhere, and the shelter facilities that are around the county (GSPCA, et al) are currently full.

Short facts:
    • Queen is part (low, low percentage) Abyssinian.
    • Neither is neutered, and the kitten is in need of her vaccinations. I can maybe sort out something with a vet, and come partway with you on fees if you are willing to adopt.
    • Both have excellent an temperament. They are calm, friendly and playful, although the queen tends to shy away from noise. They have been raised around children from a very early age.
    • Kitten is three months old, and the queen is fifteen months old.
    • I will drop the cats off almost anywhere in the county if I can be guaranteed an adoption. Collection from Galway city otherwise. :)

i4dHa.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Oh dear God they're gorgeous, I wish I could. Should try posting this in the Animal part if you haven't already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No need to post again.

Galway -> Animals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

There is a huge oversupply of kittens right now. You might have more chance if you get the mother neutered first. I wouldn't adopt an unneutered adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

planetX wrote: »
    There is a huge oversupply of kittens right now. You might have more chance if you get the mother neutered first. I wouldn't adopt an unneutered adult.

That's why I am offering to come halfway on neutering fees...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Fenster wrote: »
    That's why I am offering to come halfway on neutering fees...

Er, they're your cats, no? Ought you not do the right thing and have them neutered before you rehome them? I have two feral/ex-stray cats here that I neutered– my choice– but I'd be dragging my heels to take pet cats from an owner who didn't even bother doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

There's no guarantee any new owner will spay the cats in time so it's best to get them done yourself so you know for sure they've been done before they go. It might also increase the chance of getting them a home some people prefer to adopt cats that are already done, don't know why but it's one less thing for them to do (doesn't mean they wouldn't be good owners but people mean well but delay and don't follow through).

If money is an issue then you might be able to get a neutering voucher or a rescue might be able to help with the cost of neutering or be able to recommend a vet that charges a bit less, having them done at the same time can knock a few euro off as well. Vaccinations are vital so it's important to have them done before they go too, again you might be able to get a deal if you have everything done with the one vet.

Or just have one cat done at a time while you're waiting for a new home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

There's no guarantee any new owner will spay the cats in time so it's best to get them done yourself so you know for sure they've been done before they go. It might also increase the chance of getting them a home some people prefer to adopt cats that are already done, don't know why but it's one less thing for them to do (doesn't mean they wouldn't be good owners but people mean well but delay and don't follow through).

If money is an issue then you might be able to get a neutering voucher or a rescue might be able to help with the cost of neutering or be able to recommend a vet that charges a bit less, having them done at the same time can knock a few euro off as well. Vaccinations are vital so it's important to have them done before they go too, again you might be able to get a deal if you have everything done with the one vet.

Or just have one cat done at a time while you're waiting for a new home.

In all of this, I am still pressed hard against a time-limit - a week - to rehome these cats.

Advertisement