Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair dryer return

Options
  • 17-08-2012 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I got a Toni and guy hairdryer at Christmas, it came from amazon.

It just died on me yesterday but I cannot find the book that came with it... I think this is the warranty too. It either has 6/12 months warranty. I can't find anything about Toni and Guy warrantys online.

Should I be going through amazon as thats where it was bought or do I need the book/possible warranty book?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

If you want to avail of your consumer rights - Amazon. With some proof of purchase - doesn't have to a be a receipt.

If you want to avail of the manufacturers guarantee - Toni & Guy.

The manufacturer may only have a six month period - but your consumer rights (though Amazon) would undoubtedly be longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,998 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Amazon keeps a record of all your old orders. You should contact them and see what they say as they are the company your contract is with not Toni and Guy.

Since there's no Irish Amazon, if you run into any issues the ECC can help

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

If you want to avail of your consumer rights - Amazon. With some proof of purchase - doesn't have to a be a receipt.

If you want to avail of the manufacturers guarantee - Toni & Guy.

The manufacturer may only have a six month period - but your consumer rights (though Amazon) would undoubtedly be longer than that.

Would amazon keep records of all your past purchases? I can't see anything on the app.

How would I go about doing? Not fit for its purpose as it broke just over 7 months after purchase?

KISS - Keep it simple - don't worry about the legislation - it ain't working so get the to replace/repair it. Amazon should have a record - if not an e-mail will do.

I have emailed both amazon and toni and guy so hopefully it will get resolved.

If toni and guy come back and say warranty is 6 months, where do I stand with amazon?

• Advertisement

The same place you stand if Toni & Guy tell you the moon is made of cheese.

Your contract is with Amazon - you have no contract with Toni & Guy. Toni and guy may do as they please but you have consumer rights with Amazon which entitle you to a repair or replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

KISS - Keep it simple - don't worry about the legislation - it ain't working so get the to replace/repair it. Amazon should have a record - if not an e-mail will do.

You missed an S ;)

cookie1977 wrote: »
    You missed an S ;)

I was trying to be polite! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Log onto amazon
    Go into your account
    Go into your orders
    You can go back through every order you've made with them back to 2003

Lovely email from amazon saying they have placed an order or the same hair dryer and will
    Inform me when it has been dispatched. I have to send the broken one back but they will refund postage charges.

Very pleased with amazon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Great news!
    NOthing like a bit of excellent customer service to renew your faith in the world of business!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Good result, OP.
    Always found Amazon great to deal with. Seldom have any problems but when I do, they're sorted very quickly, fairly and politely. It makes them my online store of choice.

Advertisement