Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering points rise nuig?

• 17-08-2012 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

The points only went up like 5-10 last year in some courses. Is there a likelihood of them rising a lot or even falling this year?. If you know any articles please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Engineering usually requires a C3 HL Maths. With the general rise in points in science/technology/engineering courses being seen over the past few years and the bonus points for HL Maths i'd say an increase of around 25 points is fairly likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Engineering usually requires a C3 HL Maths. With the general rise in points in science/technology/engineering courses being seen over the past few years and the bonus points for HL Maths i'd say an increase of around 25 points is fairly likely.

FOOK it!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Yes. Many courses will shoot up by 20/25 points, something which was once unseen. This is due to those extra points. All a bit senseless really. Next years students or those of a few years time will know that this is just a cod. What benefit in getting extra points if they aren't going to increase your chances of getting your desired course?

Advertisement