Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoes / shoe boots / ankle boots

• 17-08-2012 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for new shoes / shoe boots / ankle boots that I can start wear soon and right into winter. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Any suggestions? I mostly wear skinny jeans if that helps. I also want a bit of a heal but not so high that I can't wear them all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Scealta_saol

if you want a heel you want wedge ones for this winter... penneys have nice ones for 18e... they're a little like this... http://www.barratts.co.uk/en/truffle-lace-up-wedge-ankle-boots-289953

or if you want to go flat it should have a military. http://www.barratts.co.uk/en/lace-up-military-boots-291818

and there's the turn down too... http://www.barratts.co.uk/en/leather-lace-up-ankle-boots-235359

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

hi, i got these the other day (wouldnt normally get from a catologue because you dont know if they fit properly)

but these are super comfy and the heel isnt too big. (there bit western looking though :D:D)

but there nice with skinny jeans.

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/rocket-dog-sidestep-boots---brown/1102351030.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f1666%2fs%2fnewin%2c0%2fo%2f2%2fr%2f100

Wedge heel boots are also a great option. Hope it helps

Thanks but I'll never buy in Barretts again. VERY poor quality.

I'm not looking for long boots. Ankle boots, shoes or shoe boots would be better.

mood wrote: »
    Thanks but I'll never buy in Barretts again. VERY poor quality.

I agree, but it was the first and quickest website I found with what I was talking about!

What kind of style of boot would you be thinking of? would it be heeled or flat??

• Advertisement

I agree, but it was the first and quickest website I found with what I was talking about!

What kind of style of boot would you be thinking of? would it be heeled or flat??

Heal but one that is not too high as I intend to wear them during the day so need to be able to walk in them.

then I would go with my suggestion of the wedge heel. very on trend these days and are good for wearing all day...

or a low chunky heel... like these... http://ie1.schuh.co.uk/womens-tan-schuh-hamp-lace-ank-fleece/1431316220

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Mood, the boots suggested by missrandomer are gorgeous! I know they are not exactly ankle boots but they look super comfy with the block heel and stylish too at the same time :-)

leahyl wrote: »
    Mood, the boots suggested by missrandomer are gorgeous! I know they are not exactly ankle boots but they look super comfy with the block heel and stylish too at the same time :-)

I know they are nice but I just don't have money to spend on stuff that are not essential. I would be WAY too hot in long boots at this time of year. I only start wearing long boot in November. I need shoes/ankle boot I can wear now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

mood wrote: »
    leahyl wrote: »

I know they are nice but I just don't have money to spend on stuff that are not essential. I would be WAY too hot in long boots at this time of year. I only start wearing long boot in November. I need shoes/ankle boot I can wear now.

Oh I know, I think you misunderstood me! I meant a pair similar to those but more of an ankle boot like you said. Didn't even look at the price of those ones so wasn't suggesting that you get those exact boots, sorry if it came across that way :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

hi, i was in tesco today and they have really nice ankle boots in there.
    There is wedge and block heal and also really nice military style like Scealta_saol mentioned, which is a great idea as there flat but very stylish at the min.

There all in around 23-35 euro. Sorry no links but worth a look next time your in.

New look is good for stylish shoe/ankle boots but i dont find that there comfy for all day, but thats just me, maby others find them different

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I was in Aldo in Dundrum the other day and they had loads of ankle boots- western (all in at the moment but does it ever really go out of style?), very low ankle boots, above the ankle, with Cuban heel or completely flat. It'd be my first stop if I were you. Maybe look at website before you go in?

Otherwise I got platform wedges (ankle boots) in penneys and they are so comfortable (I'm wearing them to work) that I went back and got a 2nd pair. They're €22 and they come in stone, black and wine.

I have a pair of black suede Cuban heel ankle boots that are Steve Madden from TK Maxx which are SO comfortable. Got them about 3/4 months ago tho.about €60.

Advertisement